Can I use moisturizer 10 days post-op, liposuction and cellulaze on front of my thighs? Can I shave? Is the scaley skin normal?

I had a mommy makeover that included some liposuction on my thighs and cellular to smoothe cellulite on the front some. I am 10 days post op and wearing my compreason garmet all the time. However, when I take my shower my legs feel flakes or scaley looking on the surface. Is this normal? And can I shave my legs some and begin putting on moisturizer? I have brusing still, but the incisions from that procedure have healed.

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Shaving after Cellulaze and lipo.

pixtures would help and I would check with your plastic surgeon, but what you ask sounds reasonable. Keep the bruised ares protected with sunscreen in sunny Texas!!

Robert V. Mandraccia, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Post lipo

Thank you for your question. Most surgeons will be OK for what you are asking, but I will recommend to clarify from your PS office

Post-op Question

Thanks for your inquiry and glad to hear you are doing well.  A successful recovery is a collaborative effort of the patient and the surgeon and his/her surrogates-office staff, surgery staff, anesthesia, etc. I always tell my patients call my office in your early recovery to ask questions.  Though most surgeons I believe would be okay with you shaving below your knees and be okay with moisturizers not near the treated areas-but once again below your knees;  I do not know what your surgeon would recommend and so call and speak at least to his/her staff to get the proper answer to your question.  Good Luck.