I had breast augmentation surgery 6 weeks ago and from the first week my left breast dropped but my right is still high (Photo)

I was given a breast band to help push the implant down and told to start massaging after the 4th week (which I've been doing religiously) but I haven't seen much improvement my breast sags off the implant. Will my implant drop or will I need revision surgery? Any advice or suggestions on what I should be doing? Thanks in advance.

You need another surgery

The implants will never drop from the way they look and most likely you will need another surgery.  However, it is best to wait another 3 months from now to give it more time for healing. 

Implants high

There is still time for the implants to drop and I would keep in contact with your PS during this time. Massage and garments can help with this. You would not consider any revision surgery until the 3-6 month time point.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Position after surgery

Hello  It takes time for the implants to settle into position after surgery, usually several months.  That said, talk to your surgeon about implant exercises.  Sometimes an elastic band at the upper potion of the breast can help with the settling process.  Best of luck.

John Q. Cook, MD

Breast implants

It can take four months or longer for the implants to drop. If concerned, best to talk to your surgeon.

I had breast augmentation surgery 6 weeks ago and from the first week my left breast dropped but my right is still high

Thank you for your question and photograph.  After placement of implants, the overall appearance of the breasts will change dramatically over the next several months, as the implants drop, and the overlying tissue stretches to accommodate the extra volume. In your case the swelling from surgery is flattening your implants and holding them high on your chest. As this resolves the volume within the implant will redistribute towards the lower portion of your breast achieving a more natural appearance, and filling your bra cup more. I know waiting is difficult, but judge your results at 4-6 months after surgery as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then. Most patients start to see a "drop" at the 6-8 week mark.  Hope this helps.