Wondering if I have a typical result? (Photo)

18 months ago I had a BA with 450 silicone round under the muscle with a periareola lift and I am wondering if my result is typical for the procedure I had. Some days I am pleased, other days I think I should of done a full lift. I would like a professional opinion on the results.

Results after breast augmentation

You appear to have a typical result for the type of lift performed.  Minimal scars usually means minimal lift and its possible that your mild breast sagging is caused by the weight of your implants. 

Typical Result for Breast Augmentation With Lift

Indeed that is the typical result for a breast augmentation with a periareolar lift. Minimal incisions means minimal lift. For women who need more than 1 cm of elevation of the nipple, a vertical or anchor mastopexy will give better lift without flattening the breast projection. Adding a vertical incision to the mastopexy vastly improves the overall breast  shape and in most patients, this scar is very forgiving. From a woman's perspective, I'd rather have well-shaped breasts with an additional small scar then poorly shaped, droopy breasts with minimal scar. 

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Breast Augmentation

Based on your photos, I would tell you that you do not have an easy case. Your pre-op photos do not suggest you need a full lift, but your post-op images, the result could be improved with a full lift. If you are not happy in a bra, though, it may be worth addressing. Alternatively you may benefit from fat injection to the breast to narrow the distance between the breasts. Either way, visit with your plastic surgeon to see how things can be improved for you. Best wishes.

Full lift now

At this point, it looks like you need a full lift.  The weight of the implants could account for the laxity you see in the lower pole of the breast.

Result after lift?

Thanks for your question and photos.  From what I can see you have had a nice result with very good symmetry.  Your scars have healed well, also.  Problems some women have after a pure circumareolar lift are very wide scars, wide areolas, and a flattened look to the breast.  You have none of these issues and I think your surgeon did a nice job.