What type of blood test is recommend before breast augmentation? And how early before surgery?

My surgery is two months away, but I would like to know from now. So That I can be prepare. Thanks!

What type of blood test for breast augmentation?

Thank you for your question. In most cases no blood test is needed for a breast augmentation.  This is dependent on your overall health history and current health status.  Your board certified plastic surgeon will make the appropriate recommendations to ensure your safety with surgery.  

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Blood Tests Prior to Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your excellent question and congratulations on your upcoming surgery!  The answer to your question depends on your medical history, your age and possibly specific guidelines at the facility where your surgery will be performed.  Assuming you are healthy with no significant past medical history and under the age of 45, no specific tests are likely to be required.  I would advise you to pose your question directly to your plastic surgeon, who can provide you with the best answer.  Best wishes! 

CBC and HIV test

In Thailand, most of the hospital will require you to have complete blood count and HIV test. This can be done on the same day of your surgery. 

Boonchai Taweerattanasil, MD
Thailand Plastic Surgeon

CBC and HIV test

Boonchai Taweerattanasil, MD
Thailand Plastic Surgeon

The type of blood testing needed before breast augmentation depends on your age and health status and practice of your PS. There are certain routine tests that are often performed but you should abide by the customary practice of your Board Certified PS. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD - Account Suspended

Medical clearance

If you have medical problems that increase your risk for surgery, your plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery may request an evaluation by your primary care doctor. Best, MMT

Medical clearance

Blood tests and surgery

Each surgeon is different and each patient may require different things. It really depends upon your overall medical condition.

Blood tests and surgery

Pre op blood test

Dear Dee,
  In my practice , if you are healthy and under age 45, no blood test is required for breasts augmentation surgery.
   Patients with medical issues like diabetes, heart condition, high blood pressure, blood clotting problems etc, have to be cleared by their internist or medical specialist and obtain their recommendation.
  Similarly is applied to patients over age 45, even if they are healthy, since statistically, they are at higher risk.
 As important as your health is the quality of your selected surgeon. That is because not all result are the same, due to the fact that experience, skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good and safe outcome.
  So, I hope that you did your due diligence and chose wisely.
 Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice cleavage, perky, symmetrical and natural looking. You may also check the 'Realself' reviews for ratings and positive experience reports.
                                   Dr Widder

Pre op blood test

Dear Dee,
                                   Dr Widder

Blood test before surgery

If you are healthy, without a history of bleeding disorders or anemia, and not on any blood thinners, there is no need for blood testing prior to BA surgery as usually there is very little blood lost.

Rodney E. Schmelzer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Blood test before surgery

Rodney E. Schmelzer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Blood tests

The blood tests may  vary based upon the surgeon and the surgical facility. Routine labs include a complete blood count and urinalysis. Occasionally your electrolytes are also drawn. 

Blood tests

Blood tests before breast augmentation

If you are healthy without medical problems, normally no tests would be indicated. This is based on national guidelines set by Anesthesia.

Blood tests before breast augmentation