Root canal and crown. Any suggestions?

I just got a root canal re-treatment on tooth #3 because a large PAP, the endodontist did not remove the crown, when she was done she told me the crown still fairly new and she would rather my dentist to repair the crown and take new Xrays in atleast 6 months to see if they infection went away and then if they think I need to replace the crown then the dentist would decide, is this something normal?

Crown after Root Canal?

What the endodontist did was perfectly normal.   Even if the crown required replacement your dentist would be the one to replace it.   Typically the endodontist will drill through the top of the existing crown.   As long as the crown is in good condition your dentist will fill in the access hole created during the root canal.  

Saint Louis Dentist