Microneedling - Platelet Rich Plasma; is this beneficial for a mature face & arms?

I am a high energy youthful 72 year old women. I'm beginning to see some wrinkles on my forehead (between my eyes) and above my top lip. I would like opinions concerning this procedure in general. Is it beneficial for a mature face and arms? Thank you kindly in advance. Lori711

Microneedling with PRP For Skin Rejuvenation

Hello Lori711, 

Thank you for your question. Microneedling with PRP is an excellent treatment for both face and arms! Micro-needling is a technique using a device containing tiny sterilized needles. This device is applied over the skin to create tiny micro-injuries. This temporary skin damage stimulates your body to speed up the healing to the area, producing collagen.The process encourages the body to turn over old cells much faster and replacing with new cells. The results are skin that is revitalized, rejuvenated, tighter, and appears smoother and more youthful. I love to hear that you are a youthful, high energy 72 year old and it sounds like you take great care of yourself and your skin if you are just now noticing wrinkles. Microneedling with PRP is complete skin rejuvenation and  would definitely recommend schedule your treatment. Our patients love their results. 

Hope this helps! 

Dr Faraz

Microneedling energy device with PRP.

Here is the truth- results are variable. Now, I like how you use the phrase high energy , because this applies to microneedling as well. Why? Because if we use newer generation micronneedling devices such as INFINI RF, you have a greater ability to stimulate collagen at your age. If you look at a few of my B And As, you will that even 75 year olds can stimulate collagen, so the results can be unbelievable. Thought I do practice microneedling, I prefer the use of energy microneedling and PRP, this gives a better response that one treatment method itself. All the best,Dr Davin S. Lim, Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist