Lumps in lips 9 months after injections of Restylane Silk. Need advice please!! (photo)

I had restylane silk injected into my top lip in February, it is now almost November and I still have two very visible lumps on my lips. I had hyaluronidase injected into the lumps in august which did very little to the reduction. The lumps do not feel hard they are soft so I'm really hoping it is not scar tissue? What can I do to get rid of these lumps and are they perminant?

Nodules

I would recommend continued treatment with Hyaluronidase as this is likely filler. I do not believe that this is scar tissue.  Be well.

Lumps after Restylane Silk

This is likely filling. Sometimes it can take more than 1 treatment with hyaluronidase to reduce lumps or filler. I recommend having this evaluated by an expert. 

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Dissolve it!

Thanks for bringing up this important point. Restylane can be dissolved if the bumps are a continuing problem. You can use Hyaluronidase to dissolve the HA. Your lips will get smaller so consider the pros and cons first. Best, 

Dr. ALDO :)

Aldo Guerra, MD

Lumps after lip filler

I would make sure enough hyaluronidase was injected. Also, antibiotics might be needed. I use Hylenex. Some people use a compounded pharmacy to get their hyaluronidase and this version is less effective.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Continue with Hyaluronidase--Dissolving Restylane

It can sometimes take a series of Hyaluronidase injections in order to reduce lumps of filler. I recommend a formal consultation with an expert for best results. Best, Dr. Emer

Lumps in skin after Restylane Silk

I would probably do more hyaluronidase injections.  Sometimes this needs to be repeated more than once.  Make sure to see an expert for in-person evaluation and treatment.  

Regards,

Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip lumps

If it is a hyaluornic acid filler then the nodules if it is product will dissolve. Are you sure it wasn't something else?

Filler injection to lips and

Sorry to hear about your situation. Did you see a core physician (derm, plastics) or was the procedure done elsewhere (Medispa etc)? Also hyaluronidase is expensive and has a very short shelf life and must be injected into the area the filler is so its use is not straightforward and it is not stocked by many offices. I would make sure that procedure is performed by a core physician.

Omar Ibrahimi, MD, PhD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon