Can my long face be fixed? (photo)

I was a mouth breather for years and I'm almost 20 so am I stuck with my face being so lond with a huge chin?

Doctor Answers 2

Long face

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You probably have a narrow maxillary arch and excess growth of the upper jaw vertically.  What I suggest is to start seeing an orthognathic surgeon and have a diagnosis.  You would need braces and at least an upper jaw surgery. 

New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

Chin reduction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Yes, the bottom of your chin is solid bone, and a significant amount of it could be removed creating a noticeable reduction in chin height.  I encourage you to have a face to face analysis and discussion with a surgeon who is experienced with facial cosmetic surgery.  There may be other procedures that could help you achieve your goal. For instance, adding volume to your cheeks could create more contour to your face and shorten it.  Good luck. Bryan Rolfes, MD

Bryan Rolfes, MD
Minneapolis Otolaryngologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 10 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.