Can my long face be fixed? (photo)

I was a mouth breather for years and I'm almost 20 so am I stuck with my face being so lond with a huge chin?

Long face

You probably have a narrow maxillary arch and excess growth of the upper jaw vertically.  What I suggest is to start seeing an orthognathic surgeon and have a diagnosis.  You would need braces and at least an upper jaw surgery. 

New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Chin reduction

Yes, the bottom of your chin is solid bone, and a significant amount of it could be removed creating a noticeable reduction in chin height.  I encourage you to have a face to face analysis and discussion with a surgeon who is experienced with facial cosmetic surgery.  There may be other procedures that could help you achieve your goal. For instance, adding volume to your cheeks could create more contour to your face and shorten it.  Good luck. Bryan Rolfes, MD

Bryan Rolfes, MD
Minneapolis Otolaryngologist