Told I don't have enough fat to transfer to make my butt fuller; will implants work to give me volume and projection? (Photos)

Now I was told I don't have enough fat to transfer to make my butt fuller with more projection. Lipo will fix the areas in the front to sculpt it better but not the butt. So will implants work to give me volume and projection.

Buttock augmentation

Thank you for your question.  Firstly, you have a great butt and I would not recommend adding any volume to your butt.  However, you could enhance your butt shape by sculpting your lower back, wait, abdomen and inner thighs.  This alone would give you some nice improvement.  Looking at your images, instead of throwing away the fat you could harvest the fat from these areas which might give you 200 or 300 cc of fat for each buttock.  That would give you some good increase in volume without the risks associate with an implant.

Hope that this is helpful in your decision making.

Regards

London Plastic Surgeon

BBL/buttock implants

Thank you for your question and photographs.

Absolutely. For patients who have little body fat I recommend using buttock implants using the XYZ technique which is intramuscular. This would be the best option for you if you do not have enough body fat to harvest for a Brazilian butt lift and will help add volume and projection in the buttock area. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

BBL verses Implants

Thanks for your question and for sharing appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for a BBL procedure. Make sure you're working with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in this area. If you do opt for gluteal implants, this will give you projection and can even be complimented with fat transfer for a natural look. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Buttock augmentation

Buttock implants will certainly give you the fullness and projection you desire to enhance your buttock contour. See an experienced BCPS. 

DrBurnett#realself100

Buttock implants

Buttock implants will enhance the projection of the buttocks. You might also want to consider any fat that you have to fill the lateral portions of the buttocks.  Best of luck.

BBL

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for waistline contouring liposuction of your abdomen, flanks, and lower back and fat grafting to your buttocks.  This can greatly improve your overall shape with a smaller waist.  Do not opt for implants in the buttock area, as this is associated with a very high complication rate.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD