I was wondering if an injection of restylane silk can be done immediately before a rejuvapen session.

I have had the silk injection previously and also have ongoing rejuvapen sessions but have never had them on the same day. Thank you.

I was wondering if an injection of restylane silk can be done immediately before a rejuvapen session

Thank you for your question.  We typically would schedule the microneedling about a week before the Restylane silk lip injection for best results.  With all the tiny injections from the microneedling, you could increase the risk of infection.  In addition, by doing the microneedling over the fillers, you could diminish the results.  If you have the time, I'd try to schedule them about a week apart. Best of luck. 

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Restylane Silk / Microneedling/ Tear Troughs /Nasal labial folds/ Lip Augmentation/ Hyaluronic acid fillers

I appreciate your question.

Yes, you can do Restylane Silk and Microneedling.  I would recommend spacing the treatments 1 week apart.  This will give the skin a chance to best recover, heal and minimize the degree of swelling.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Restylane Silk and Microneedling on same day?

I don't think it should matter. The needles aren't going to destroy the filler. The Silk will numb the area somewhat. You will get more swelling from the procedure than if doing them on different days though. Sterile technique must be applied whenever microneedling is performed.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Microneedling and Restylane Silk NYC

You can definitely do microneedling and Restylane silk but I would advise at least one week apart.  Depending on how deep you do the microneedling you are creating injury to the skin.  I would definitely wait between the procedures to give the skin a chance to heal.  Best, Dr. Green

Restylane Silk and Rejuvapen

I am a big believer in the benefits of both fillers and microneedling, but I generally do not recommend combining these treatments on the same day.  Microneedling causes many tiny injuries in the skin and there could possibly be a higher risk of bacterial contamination of the filler if these treatments are done on the same day.  It is more of a theoretical concern but usually it is simple enough to schedule filler and microneedling on separate days.  The other issue is that doing microneedling over a superficial filler in the skin might make the filler go away more quickly.
Regards,
Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Timing of Fillers

Restylane silk is injected superficially when placed in facial lines.  If the injecting and the rejuvapen are going to be done in the same area it is probably not a good idea to do them in the same day.

If they are being used to treat separate areas it is probably fine.

Deborah Ekstrom, MD
Worcester Plastic Surgeon