How to make my waist area much smaller? (photo)

I have a 34 in waist I would love to get it down to a 28-29 is this possible if so what would be the procedure done?

Making waist smaller

Thank you for asking about your waist reduction.

• You probably can get a very nice result with a small cannula liposuction
  • This can make a dramatic difference but one can't predict the inches that will be lost.
  • Have you had children? If so, you might also need repair of the abdominal muscles.
  • So see a plastic surgeon to find out the best approach for you.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Go for amazing results with VASER Hi Def, ThermiRF, ultrasound, fat grafting

You look like you would be a great candidate for VASER HI DEF. Vaser in combination with ThermiRF, ultrasound and fat grafting will give you the shape you want along with definition and contour. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a hi-def physique expert.  Waist size is often genetic and you can get only as small as your rib/hip will allow.  Best, Dr. Emer

Vaser Hi Definition Liposculpture/ Liposuction/Fat Grafting/ BBL

I  specialize in Brazilian Butt Lifts and Body Contouring procedures.

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Liposuction

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for waistline contouring liposuction of your abdomen, flanks, and lower back.  This can greatly improve your overall shape with a smaller waist.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Abdominoplasty revision

Thank you for your question. You may need a revision of your abdominoplasty tummy tuck with liposuction of the flanks to sculpt this region. It would need a consultation for proper recommendations  

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Waist measurements

Your waist measurements are dictated by the underlying anatomy. If you had a lot of fat in the waist( which you do not), then it could contribute to the waist dimensions.

Need an exam

It's hard to tell from just one photo, but from what I can see, it does not look like you have a lot of subcutaneous fat (that is, fat in the layer between the skin and the abdominal muscles) around the waist area.  If this is the case, liposuction alone would not decrease your waist measurement very much, since it removes only the subcutaneous fat.  A tummy tuck with a muscle plication could give a greater reduction in the waistline, but I'm not sure whether a full 5-6 inches could be achieved.  An in-person consultation and examination with a board-certified plastic surgeon could help you find out what options are most likely to work for you.