Am I healing correctly? Is my scar placement normal? (photos)

I am almost 3 months p\o from a breast reduction. I was a 32H/I pre-op and am currently a 32DDD. I asked my surgeon to be a C/D. After surgery he told me I'd most likely be a C after I heal *will my breasts get smaller* is my scar placement normal? I normally see the bottom incisions in the under fold and mine are clearly above that* are my scars going to fade much more*when will the pocket in the inside corner of my left breast go away? Or will it? I did not have any drains after surgery*

Visible scar and too big 3 months after surgery

Thank you for asking about your breast reduction.

• You are still swollen and have another 3 - 6 months to see your final result.
  • I doubt that you will end up a C - but it is possible.
  • Your scars are a little high - a revision may be needed but now they look poor because of the swelling below.
  • They may end up looking excellent and not need a revision when all the swelling is gone.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast reduction healing

You still have some time to heal and for the scars to settle. I do feel your scars are slightly higher than we like to see them, and I do feel that some revision will be needed on the inner aspect. I would discuss things with your surgeon and if not satisfied, get a second opinion to assist you in your decision making process. Good luck. 

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Incisions and breast reduction

I like to keep the inframammary incision slightly above the breasts fold. These in my opinion may be a bit higher.  However, you need to give it a good 6 months or so for all the swelling to subside.  You may eventually need a scar revision to adjust for the extra skin along the medial aspects(central).

Healing process

Your breast shape and scars left from breast reduction surgery can be changed up to 6-18 month after surgery. If you do not have any infection, a terrible pain, swellings, rashes, redness or fever, this is a good sign. Anyway, I would recommend you wear a bandage over your breast to support your breasts for another 3-6 months. This would help getting your breast in a good shape. 

Tanongsak Panyawirunroj, MD
Thailand Plastic Surgeon

Am I healing correctly? Is my scar placement normal?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Although I think that your incisions are healing nicely, I think that you do have excess skin/tissue present along the lower breast poles on both sides. I would not be surprised, if revisionary breast reduction surgery is necessary to improve the appearance of the lower breast poles and/or decrease breast size further.   This type of revisionary breast surgery should allow for better positioning of your scars ( "hidden" scars generally do not bother patients as much as visible scars).  I think it will be in your best interest to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed 3 to 6 months from now.