What are growth factors that are associated with micro-needling?

Senior high energy gal (72) is back with more questions. I have had two micro-needling procedures recently done, they were preformed two weeks apart. I'm reading on line that they should be spaced at least a month apart. The last one was done with PRP. Should I continue to have them so close together or space them at a month interval? Also I'm reading about applying 'growth factors' daily to my face. What is that and can I purchase them over the counter?

Microneedling and Intervals with PRP

I prefer microneedling with PRP so that you obtain all of the growth factors from your own blood.  The intervals should be spaced one month apart.  Best, Dr. Green

Spacing of Microneedle Treatments

We recommend spacing the microneedle treatments 4-6 weeks apart to allow the skin to fully heal from the process and to allow maximum results from each treatment.  We also offer our patients a growth factor serum for daily use to enhance the results of the microneedling with prp.  There are several products on the market, your Plastic Surgeon should have serum that he/she recommends.   Best of luck!

Shahin Fazilat, MD, FACS
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon