Looking for free nipple graft surgeon(s) (Photo)

I think I've decided that a free nipple graft would be my best option. So now I'm starting my search for the correct board certified plastic surgeon. I live in the CT/MA area, however I'm in a different area of the country just about everyday, so travel doesn't bother me much. I d
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Best Way to Treat Puffy Nipple Areola Complex

"Puffy Nipple Areola Complex" is among the most common forms of gynecomastia. This gland and/or adipose tissue accumulation can be located under the areola or can be slightly extended outside the areola, causing the areola to appear dome shaped.This form of #Gynecomastia can be found in all age groups but is more common in young adults.

As each case is different, it is vital that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in male breast surgery. The surgeon should determine if you are a suitable candidate for male breast reduction by liposuction or glandular excision. It is also crucial to have a plastic surgeon who is well-versed in the gynecomastia condition can determine if there is firm breast tissue beneath the areola that is causing the nipples to project (which is often the case), and if so, how much of this glandular tissue can be removed to create a flat appearance.
#PuffyNipple surgery generally takes only an hour or two, and the recovery time is short; sometimes less than a week. There is minimal scarring and the success rate is excellent. Therefore, patients who suffer from "Puffy Nipples", and who view it as an unaesthetic and unpleasant condition, may desire surgical intervention to correct the "puffy nipple" condition. 
Men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue.

Gynecomastia and free nipple graph surgery.

Thank you for your question and pictures regarding gynecomastia and free nipple graph surgery. I agree with you, I think your best results will be achieved with a free nipple areolar complex graft. An incision needs to be made just underneath your breast or in the inframammary fold. The breast tissue and tissue which extends into the lateral chest should be removed at the same time. The nipple areolar complex should be replaced as a free graft. For optimal results, it is essential that careful accurate placement of the graph be achieved. The procedure is performed under general anesthesia and would take two to three hours. The procedure is performed as an outpatient procedure. Seven days after the surgery, the dressing covering the free nipple areolar complex graft is removed. Since travel is not an issue, I would suggest seeking a board-certified plastic surgeon with significant experience in large, male breast reduction surgery.

If you have any questions please contact my office.

Sincerely, Dr. Katzen

Looking for free nipple graft surgeon(s)

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Gynecomastia surgery with free nipple grafting

It seems evident in your case, you will need skin excision and you are nipple repositioned. This can be done using a flat or free nipple grafting. Many board-certified plastic surgeons are well familiar with these techniques. You should get a consultation to review the different techniques and assure yourself that the free nipple graft is the best for you.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Free Nipple Graft

Hi JayBlue313,
Thanks for the post and photos. It does appear that you have excess skin and low nipple position. This is a surgery that is more involved and there are certainly techniques that need to be employed to make sure you get the masculine chest you are seeking. This is gynecomastia surgery that most surgeons do not perform. Refer to my post for more information.

SIncerely,
Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

Nipple grafting

Thank you for the question and the photos and form them without an examination it would appear you would benefit from niplle grafting and excess skin excision.  So go on many complimentary consultations and find the right surgeon for you.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Gynaecomastia and the type of procedure

Hi there

This is not a decision you should make alone.  That is a decision both you and your surgeon must come to.

The type of procedure for gynaecomastia may involve a free nipple graft in some circumstances. See an experienced plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns.

Peter Callan, MBBS
Geelong Plastic Surgeon

No need for nipple graft

How should I choose a surgeon? Choose carefully.
The decision is yours. Advice to assist in making your selection.Only a board certified plastic surgeon 1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience. 2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures, the better. Pay attention whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient. 3.Only gynecomastia Reviews matter. 4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery? Be realistic about your expectations. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.

Mordcai Blau, MD

Gynecomastia

Your type of gynecomastia will need a mastectomy type of incision in the inframammary line.
The important part is to position the nipple areola in the right position for a male.
You also seem to have lots of excess skin under the arms and may extend to the back. May want to consider removal of that skin or an upper back lift in continyuity with the inframammary line incision

Male breast reduction with free nipple graft

You appear to have gynecomastia and have probably lost a great deal of weight as well.  In cases similar to yours, I have found the best treatment alternative is removal of the excess breast and skin tissues and reconstruction with a free nipple graft.  May I suggest you look at my website devoted to gynecomastia (captioned below) and look at the photo gallery.  There, patients 64 and 90 most resemble your situation.

Would be pleased to speak to you in detail during a consultation.

Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
New York City