What's the best filler for marionette lines? Restylane-L has been recommended for me. (photos)

Restylane-L has been recommended, but many comments I've read state that Restylane doesn't last very long in areas that have lots of movement, such as around the mouth. Then I've read comments that the more frequently Restylane is used, collagen starts to build up, so the Restylane then won't need to be used as frequently. The lower half of my face (and neck) don't match the rest of my face. I'm very self-conscious about this and would like to hide the lower half of my face, but I can't do that.

Restylane Silk perioral rhytides

Not ideal for marionette lines as molecule too small. 
Restylane silk is a great new product indicated for the perioral rhytides and lip area only but swelling in this area should be expected because restylane is so hydrophilic. It is post op edema and will resolve over few days typically. Not indicated for the nasolablial folds.
Would recommend you discuss your case with your board certified dermatologist.
Restylane silk is not indicated for any area other than the lip and perioral rhytides.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers for Marionette lines

A number of fillers can be useful for the Marionette lines, from Restylane to Perlane to Juvederm to Radiesse. Best to have your dermatologist assess you ; based on your photos, I'd prefer the thicker Perlane for more support.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Marionette lines

Fillers are an option for this area but you maybe better served by having a surgical procedure. Have your face evaluated by a board certified facial plastic surgeon. 

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane or Juvederm for lower face

Providing photos of the area is of great help.  Since it is the lower face that is showing considerable sagging you may require a combination of skin tightening and fillers to achieve the best result.  Thermage will tighten the area of skin in the lower face.  Both Juvederm and Restylane would increase the hyaluronic acid in the lower face and achieve a more youthful appearance.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with these cosmetic injections for the best results.

Might need two fillers

The hyaluronic acids like Restylane L, Belotero  and Juverderm are good the the very corner of the mouth where they can be injected superificially  You also need deeper augmentation under the skin.  I would would probably go with Radiesse in this area and one of hyaluronic acids on top.  

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox, Restylane and Thermage

A combination treatment of a filler such as Restylane or Juvederm with Botox used off-label can improve marionette lines.  A radio frequency treatment such as Thermage can also help tighten and lift the loose skin and complements the injections.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Filler for marionette lines

Thank you for posting your photos.  Any of the hyaluronic acid fillers would be great for your marionette lines.  If you'd like a product that lasts longer, you could consider Radiesse or Voluma- but be sure to see an experienced MD injector for these advanced filler techniques. 

Filler optionsq

Both Restylane-L and Juvederm XC Plus are good options here. I stock them both. More important is that you find an injecting physician that has right training and expertise for this procedure for optimal results. Good luck.

Omar Ibrahimi, MD, PhD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers for marionette lines

I like fillers for the marionette lines. The hyaluronic acid fillers are good. I prefer Perlane or Juvederm Ultra plus for these areas.