Chin lipo or facelift for double chin? 30 years old male (Photo)

i am 30 years old and I have a double chin , I have contacted a doctor in Texas and he suggested me to go for face lift as chin lipo will worsen my chin because of elasticity of my skin .some other doctors here says I can go for chin lipo , I am literally confused and scared .. Please suggest

Liposuction for excessive fat under the chin

Unless you have experienced a major weight loss, a facelift is unnecessary and probably inappropriate in a 30 year-old.  I typically treat this area with liposuction performed under local anesthesia.  Cost varies from $1500 (if you strictly doing the area beneath the chin) to $1950 (if you are doing most of the frontal neck).  The procedure requires a single 1/4" incision beneath the chin and takes about 45 minutes.

Plano Plastic Surgeon

Chin options

Submental platysmaplasty with lipsuction or Kyblella are reasonab le options at your age.  You would need 3 0r 4 Kybella treatments.

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Run away

You do NOT need a facelift.  I can not believe anyone would suggest that.  Options are--submental lipo, kybella, or possible cool sculpt.  A 30 year old man should have good skin elasticity.  PLEASE, seek an opinion in person from a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.  Good luck, Jane 

Lots of options

Hi Mike5232,You have other options as well.  As a young person you may get excellent results with just an injection of kybella into this area.  This would likely need to be repeated but you don't lose by trying that first.
If that's not good we can do a facelift with liposuction!

Jeffrey H. Spiegel, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin lipo or facelift for double chin? 30 years old male

Hi, you might want to begin with chin augmentation, liposuction of the neck with an ellipse removal of excess skin from under the chin.  I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  

Hope this helps.

Neck lift for best results

The photographs demonstrate fatty deposits in the neck, above and below the platysma muscle.  In our practice, a neck lift involves removal of the fatty deposits above the platysma muscle with liposuction, and surgical removal of the fatty deposits underneath the muscle.  Once the fat has been removed underneath the platysma muscle, a platysma plasty is required to improve the jawline. For more information  and many before and after results  results, please see the video and the link below

Submental fullness

Based on your photographs and age, you may be a candidate for non-surgical treatment to address this focal region of fullness and to add further definition to your neck angle.  I recommend consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon in your region for a clinical examination, which will guide treatment options.  Kybella is a fairly new injectable which may treat the "double chin" in appropriately selected patients.  I agree with the others and would not recommend neck lift at age 30.Best, Stephanie Power MD, MSc, FRCSC

Best option for the double chin at age 30?

Thanks for posting your question. Right off the top, without having seen you, I can say that it would be an exceedingly rare case in which a 30 year old male would require a face lift to address any facial or neck concern. More specifically, I've never seen such a case. That said, in my experience with male patients who share your concern, these gentlemen have been extremely satisfied with either:1) CoolSculpting to the neck2) Liposuction to the neckEach procedure has significant advantages/disadvantages over the other and these depend upon your particular anatomy and aesthetic goals. Locate a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who performs both of these procedures so that you can obtain an unbiased opinion regarding each procedure. Armed with appropriate information, you can decide which option best suits your needs, lifestyle, timeline and budget.Best of luck to you.

Jonathan R. Fugo, DO
Newburgh Plastic Surgeon

Chin Option

Dear Mike, at 30 years old I would never recommend a face lift. I would seek a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for an evaluation. You could possibly try non surgical options for fat reduction under the chin before any surgical options especially since you are so young. Look up Kybella and the Cool Mini by Cool Sculpt. Then if you aren't happy with results with something non surgical perhaps you can explore liposuction. Each patient choose their own path but I would not recommend a face lift. Your skin does not appear to be an issue and usually isn't at age 30. Seek near by board certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation. best of luck 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon