I'm considering rhinoplasty. Do you think in a good candidate? (Photo)

Hi I'm considering rhinoplasty. Do you think in a good candidate? I want the bump removed but quite like the width and tip. What would be required? Many thanks

Bump

From the side view that you have provided, you are a good candidate for the bump removal. When planning a rhinoplasty, there is more to it than just bump removal since that step does change the relationship of all other nasal components and it must be viewed in conjunction with them. The nose is bit over projected and the naso-labial angle could be less acute.We would need to see a full face lateral photograph (to see the chin)  and also, to get a more thorough evaluation,  we would need frontal and three quarter views which would be helpful at the very least for this forum.  If you had a true and thorough consultation with a Board Certified, experienced Facial Plastic Surgeon,  (and this is advisable) we would analyze six different views of your nose and also perform computer imaging to determine what the best options are for you to have a beautiful nose that fits your face and overall features.

Best Wishes, 
Dr. Petropoulos

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to remove a bump and reshape the nasal tip

Rhinoplasty aims to improve form and function. Removing a dorsal hump and reshaping the tip can be achieved with the operation. Consider a rhinoplasty specialist for the best results. 

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

You are physically a good candidate

When a bump is taken down the nasal bones also need to be brought in to narrow the nose. The look will usually look a little wider than before surgery because a bump makes the nose look less wide. Your best bet is to have a consult or two and have the surgeon show you projected imaging of what  you agree on. Also look at his reviews and before and after photos to make sure you like his style. I would do this surgery without the incision under the nose. I would expect you to have a good result.

Garrett H. Bennett, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and bump removal

Briefly, the answer is that you would benefit from a rhinoplasty. However, one limited lateral photograph does not equal a thorough exam or an evaluation of your expectations. An exam would not only evaluate the structure of your nose, but also evaluate your chin. If you have a weak chin, your face will look unbalanced and it will make your nose look larger. It is not unusual to perform a chin augmentation at the time of a rhinoplasty. The combination of a rhinoplasty and chin augmentation will make the face and nose appear more balanced.  Also, it is very important that your facial plastic surgeon palpates your nose to evaluate your nasal tip support, as well as the length of your nasal bones. If you have poor nasal tip support and / or short nasal bones, you will be at higher risk of unfavorable results if these issues are not addressed during surgery.

Paul Stanislaw, MD
Avon Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reducing the bump is the #1 request in rhinoplasty

Most patients are looking to reduce their nasal bumps. I think you are an excellent candidate. It's difficult to tell from a single profile view if this would be sufficient for you. During a consultation we examine the nose inside and out as well as performing photos from 8 different views and computer imaging including Vectra 3-D. Imaging is a great way to see if you like potential results. It is also good for determining if hump removal alone would work or you would need some associated tip work. Sometimes reducing a hump can make other minor defects more obvious.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Good Candidate for Rhinoplasty?

Without have the opportunity to examine you in person I  would say that from your profile view you are an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty.  You have a substantial dorsal hump with a downturn tip and convexity on smiling. These features masculinize the female face. Superior Rhinoplasty is detailed and complex, always with a keen eye towards natural beauty. I invite you into my office where we can study your photos and focus on your issues in person.
Sincerely, 
Barry Weintraub MD

Barry M. Weintraub, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty candidate for dorsal hump removal

The dorsal hump is composed of both bone and cartilage and it is shaved down during the rhinoplasty procedure. An open roof deformity is created from the hump removal which will be a very flat top squared nose appearance from the frontal projection. The nose is a three-dimensional structure, so osteotomies of the nasal bones will be required. Some minor tip adjustments will probably be required as well to balance the tip with the new bridge line.

Dorsal hump

Your dorsal hump could be taken down. You do look like fromthe profiel to be a bit over projected.  Best to see other views and in person.

Candidate for a Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. According to your photo, you are a candidate for a Rhinoplasty. It is important to have an evaluation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Special measurements need to be taken to consider the best options for you. Many times, patients are concentrating on a particular part of the nose and only seem to want to address that area. Small adjustments need to be made to the overall nose to make sure that there is the correct balance and symmetry. 

Alfonso Gonzalez Cepeda, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate

I think that your goals for rhinoplasty are appropriate and you appear to be a good candidate.

I would approach your case using an open structured rhinoplasty technique. This allows for the best exposure and provides a stable long term result.

I would suggest you see a surgeon with an interest in rhinoplasty surgery who can discuss with you in more details what could be expected in your particular case.

I would suggest seeing a surgeon who offers 3D simulation so that you can both agree on what appearance you are aiming for.

Best wishes

Richard

Richard Bloom, MBBS (Hons), FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon