Is it possible for me to achieve a curved waist through liposuction? (Photos)

Hello, I'm really confused. I really admire curvy bodies and I would like to achieve a more curvy shape. I love small curved/nipped waists. However, although I don't really exercise, I feel like I have an athletic build, and I'm afraid liposuction won't be able to help me out. I've had a BBL last year, but my waist size didn't change. I'd like another BBL, hopefully, I'll be able to achieve the waist I admire this go around. Is there any hope for me?

Liposuction for a curvy waist?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • You've already had one liposuction and it didn't do all you wanted done.
  • So it's hard to answer without an examination.
  • You look as though liposuction should help - but only if the problem is from fat.
  • If the issue is from the width and position of your bones, more liposuction will disappoint you.
  • I suggest you either return to your plastic surgeon or find a enw one for her/his opinion.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Yes, more curves are possible

You should be able to get more curves by combining liposuction and fat grafting only to the buttock but to the hips as well which are often ignored in a BBL.  It's not just about pumping fat volume but also about where you place it.  There is a lot of finesse in body contouring that requires experience. 

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Curves

Hello and thanks for the question. Your curves may be enhanced with a revision BBL with focus being additional liposuction of your waist and flanks plus fat grafting to more so to you hips and less fat to the buttocks.  This technique will create very pleasing curves.
Enjoy!

DrBurnett#realself100

#Vaser Hi Definition Liposculpture/ #Liposuction/#Body Contouring with Fat Grafting/ #BBL

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique. Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Liposuction

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for waist and back contouring liposuction.  You could also have another BBL at the same time. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Previous BBL

If you had a previous BBL, presumably fat was removed from your waist. Your waist dimensions will be limited by your underlying anatomy(muscoloskeletal structure).

Is it possible for me to achieve a curved waist through liposuction?

Greetings

Thank you for your question. Evaluation on your photo you are a good candidate for  liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks. Liposuction for your tummy and transfer to the fat to your butt.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction can help improve waistline contours.

Liposuction can be used to slim down and sculpt the waistline to get you closer to the goals you’re describing. With that said, your anatomy will place limitations on how small your waist can get with fat removal, as some people naturally have slimmer waistlines than others. To enhance your curves, additional liposuction may be ideal in conjunction with another BBL. Be sure to consult with a surgeon who’s board-certified and specializes in body contouring. The best way to avoid disappointment with your next procedure is to be sure you fully discuss the realistic results and improvement you can expect with your plastic surgeon.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift….

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD