Slightly crooked, flared, and pointy nose; Am I a good candidate for a rhinoplasty? (photos)

When I was younger, I had a more button tipped/rounder nose. As I have aged my nose has gotten slightly crooked, flared, and pointy. I am very self-conscious of my right profile, and try to get people to not sit next to me on that side. I feel as though my nose makes me look angry. My nose is very upturned on that side. I have contemplated a rhinoplasty for several years now, and I am just curious as to what my options would be, and if I would be a good candidate.

Rhinoplasty

Since it sounds as if you have always been unhappy with the look of your nose then I think you would benefit from talking with a board certified plastic surgeon about your options. Determining the right nose for your individual face requires an in person assessment, but yes, you sound like a good candidate for a rhinoplasty.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty...

Rhinoplasty is all about finding something that can be improved, and obtaining that with a natural result. It is important for you to see a rhinoplasty specialist for a full examination. Then he/she can tell you what can and cannot be done.

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

The lower portion of the nose can be modified to improve the appearance. The nasolabial is a masculine 90 degrees and the columella is too low,  so you easily see the inside of the nose. The tip has to be lifted and the columella lifted. It appears that a chin implant would balance you profile.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hi Jessica,

You could be a good candidate for Rhinoplasty procedure. However, it is difficult to evaluate your nose without examination in person. Researching the surgeons before and after pictures on websites will give you an idea of the results the surgeon gets and how often he/she performs rhinoplasty procedures. Feel free to send us additional photos for evaluation.

Dr. S

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty

Sorry, but I do not see any issues with your nose that a rhinoplasty would correct in my opinion.  Best of luck.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty so they can perform a nasal examination and review of your medical history. Based on your photos, you would benefit from a rhinoplasty to straighten the bridge of your nose and some tip refinement which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate

I think you are a wonderful candidate for cosmetic rhinoplasty in order to refine and shape your nose.  It is best if you schedule a consultation with a plastic surgeon to discuss the details of the surgery as options may vary.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD