Am I a candidate for hairline lowering? (photo)

Female hairline

To give you your desired result there are two ways to achieve it.  Either a hairline advancement or a hair transplant -- either can give you a good hairline.  I recommend speaking with a hair transplant specialist that does both procedures so you can hear the pros and cons of both.    My concern for you with respect to hairline advancement is that of scarring and keloid formation.   Also, avoid wearing your hair in a ponytail or tight braid as that pulls on your hair.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

It is best to see a doctor for an examination and consultation if you are considering surgery to address your hair line. Photos

It is best to see a doctor for an examination and consultation if you are considering surgery to address your hair line.  Photos are helpful but it does not show if you would be a candidate for surgery.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hairline lowering

Yes, it appears that you would be a candidate for the procedure. One thing to consider is formation of keloids or hypertrophic scars with this type of incision in some skin types. Regardless, a meticulous closure should not cause problems with healing

Vartan Mardirossian, MD
Jupiter Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hairline Lowering

Based on the photo and apparent  facial measurements, you would likely be a candidate for hairline lowering.  I would need to see profile pictures, and examine you in person to make the final determination, and discuss the risks, benefits, and alternatives such as hair transplant. 

Kevin Ende, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hairline lowering procedure

You may be a candidate for a hairline surgical lowering procedure. Find a doctor who specializes in this and get examined first to make sure that you do not have a 'autoimmune cause' for this problem

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hairline

Your hairline does appear to be higher than average, and lowering it would decrease the apparent size of your forehead.  There are two ways to lower your hairline.  Some of the hairless skin at the top of your forehead can removed and your hair can advanced, or you can have hair grafts placed in front of your hairline.  With your skin tone an incision at the hairline is more likely to be visible, and I would want to know how scratches and cuts have healed for you in the past.  Hair grafts may be the best option for you if you have a history or keloids, dark or pale scars.  

Bryan Rolfes, MD

Bryan Rolfes, MD
Minneapolis Otolaryngologist