Do you think it will even out? (Photos)

Two weeks post opt. Breast are different sizes so you think they will ever even put? Left 375cc Rt 525 I was very asymmetric before hand Not happy Very sad

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Wait for some time

The final appearance, shape, and movement are not exactly the same as normal breasts. The surgically enlarged breasts do not move in the same way as normal breasts. They tend to be firmer. The contours are usually somewhat different than normal breasts. In some patients these discrepancies may be rather noticeable. Although every effort is made to place the implants symmetrically, complete symmetry is rarely achieved. Immediately after surgery, the breasts are swollen and firmer. The final shape and size is approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result.

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.  In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Healing process

At 2 weeks, it is still early in the healing process after breast augmentation and some asymmetry is to be expected. As the implants soften, settle and drop the breast shape will change. It can take 4-6 months to see your final results. Please keep in mind that perfect symmetry does not exist in nature is very hard to accomplish with the starting shape you had. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have with your surgeon for his or her evaluation and advice. Good luck 

Dean Vistnes,M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francsico Bay Area 

#realself #breastaugmentation #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

Asymmetric breast cases are some of the toughest cosmetic operations out there.  Achieving near symmetry postoperative is often difficult, and sometimes impossible with only one procedure.  Though it is early, I suspect that if you are looking for greater symmetry, you will need a second procedure of some sort depending on how things settle out.  Give it some time, and keep in contact with your plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns.

Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Will Breast Even Out?

Great Question! From looking at your pre op pictures and your post op pictures you started out very different. With your left breast starting out so much larger than your right. Since the shape of your breasts were so different you will always look slightly different. Give your breasts a full three months to completely heal. Your right breast will stay tight and swollen longer because it was your smaller breast before and you were stretched so much more on that side since you needed the larger implant there. After your swelling goes away and your implants settle you will look more symmetric. Good luck!

Ed Breazeale, Jr., MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation question

It's too early after your surgery to answer your question. There is significant swelling that needs to subside and settling that needs to occur before the final result can be appreciated. Be patient. After healing is completed a revision is possible if significant asymmetry exists. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Breast asymmetry

At this point, you have to give it time to settle, but it does look like you may eventually need a revision as the right breast implant ( left in photos) looks too large and too low.