I want to do Botox in my lips but I would like how much it is? (Photo)

Botox should not be used to augment the lips.

Botox should not be used to augment the lips. It is a neuromodulator that relaxes the muscles that cause wrinkles, and is wonderful for a variety of uses including reducing wrinkles in the forehead, frown lines, and crow’s feet, but it is not for use in the lips. To augment the lips, a hyaluronic acid filler such as Juvederm or Restylane is the appropriate choice. The cost will depend on how many syringes you need. If you are talking about reducing fine lines around the lips, Botox can be used effectively in that regard. A small amount placed carefully around the lips can help to reduce the appearance of "smoker's" lines. Please see a board-certified dermatologist for a consultation and an approximate cost estimate. 

Filler

Botox works by weakening the muscles that cause wrinkles. Based on your goals, you may want to consider a dermal filler. Injected dermal filler focus on restoring volume and rejuvenating the look of your features.

I recommend you book a consultation with a qualified injector, to ensure you're a good candidate for this procedure.

All the best. 

Botox

Thank you for your question in regards to Botox. Botox is not typically injected into the lips. Fillers are most commonly used in that area. Depending on your concerns and desired results, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Juvederm for Lips

BOTOX is not appropriate for use in the lips. We recommend Juvederm as an excellent filler for the lips.

Janet Turkle, MD

Botox in Lips

Botox is not injected into the lips.  I think that you must mean a filler like Juvederm or Restylane.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox in lips?

Botox is not routinely injected into the lip region. Occasionally I will place small amounts to soften vertical upper lip lines.  

Botox vs Filler for the Lips

Both Botox, a neurotoxin that prevents or reduces muscle function, and fillers like Juvederm Ultra to plump and fill areas can be used in the lips. Botox is used in the lips mainly when the muscle of the lip is overactive and causing wrinkles. Fillers can be used to plump the lips or restore a youthful look to aging lips. You appear to have excellent shaped lips that need neither. If,however, you would like to discuss options, Make sure you see an expert injector.. (See ExpertInjector.org)

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

Thanks for your question. Botox is a product that is used to reduce wrinkles. If you would like a fuller lip, you would need a filler. The most common products used in the lips are restylane and juvadem. Prices vary depending on your location. Good luck!

Satyen Undavia, MD
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip injections

Hello and thank you for your question. Juvederm can be used as a filler in the lips with great results.  With good technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Lip injections...

Thank you for your question.  Botox is not injected in the lips, I think you are confusing Botox for fillers like Juvederm or Restylane which are injected into the lips to restore lip shape, symmetry and volume.  Filler prices can vary greatly depending on location in the country and experience of your injector.  Typically for a board certified Dermatologist / Plastic Surgeon you may pay anywhere from $700 - over $1000 per syringe.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon