Would I benefit from buccal fat removal? Or would another treatment reduce my lower face fat? (Photo)

I am 30 years old and am constantly told how young I look. I feel I have a very round face which I hate, I love chiseled/high cheekbones which I know I'll never get because of my personal bone structure, but would like a sleeker contour. I am in the process of booking a consultation. And I do understand it's a worry that you naturally lose that fullness as you age but I believe mine is hereditary.

Would I benefit from buccal fat removal? = buccal fat removal + cheek enhancement would be an option #buccalfatremoval

Achieving a chiseled, less chubby face requires to address multiple factors in the face and the body composition to contribute to this physical finding.

Think normal weight patients, correction of the chipmunk cheeks could be achieved with buccal fat pad. However, in order to have a chiseled appearance, the cheek bone projection/definition is important. Therefore, in patient candidates for buccal fat removal, cheek augmentation with fillers like voluma helps to achieve an angular face.

I will be posting before and after pictures of a young female patient what underwent the above procedure tonight so it can explain by itself what I mean.

Buccal fat removal to slim the face?

Thank you for asking about buccal fat removal.

• First of all, you are lovely - a great place to start.
  • I am not sure a buccal fat removal is the best idea.
  • It seems to me that your cheeks are flat - and that small malar (cheek) implants will add structural support so that the lower face is slightly lifted.
  • One needs to do a physical exam to be sure but at your consultation, discuss both options.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS