Congenital Ptosis - Doctor Recommendations

Greeting, im having another revision surgery on my congenital ptosis condition. Which doctor should i pick on: 1)Head and Senior Consultant (Oculoplastic Service) MBBS(S’pore), MMed(Ophth), FRCS(Ed), FAMS 2)Head and Senior Consultant (Aesthetic Eyeplastic Service) MBBS, FRCS, FRCOphth, FAMS. They are both specialize in Oculoplastic/ Aesthetic Eyeplastic Service. Beside that, any doctor to recommend in singapore? With regards, Ming.

Doctor Answers 3

Ask to see pictures of someone with a similar congenital ptosis

As long as you’re seeing an oculoplastic surgeon for ptosis repair, you’re on the right track. All these doctors seem to have good credentials. One thing you can do to get a better understanding is to ask to see pictures of someone with a similar congenital ptosis that they have repaired. Or, sometimes you can even ask to speak to a patient they have treated for the same condition.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 66 reviews

Congenital ptosis

Congenital ptosis repair is not a simple procedure.  You are correct in attempting to seek a qualified expert.  I do not know either of these individuals personally but both seem to be well qualified.  Avoid going to anyone who promises you a perfect result.]


Brian Biesman

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 41 reviews

Congenital Ptosis Repair

Go to the person that you feel comfortable with - consult with both and choose the one who you feel is experienced and able to do your revision.  Both of the doctors look like they have excellent credentials.  I don't know of any oculoplastic surgeons in Singapore so I can't give any recommendations on a particular doc.  Good luck!

Keshini Parbhu, MD
Orlando Oculoplastic Surgeon
3.9 out of 5 stars 10 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.