How long do I have to wait until I can get a tattoo removed? (Photo)

I got matching tattoo done a few days ago with my husband. But I just discovered he was been cheating all this time. I would like it gone as soon as possible. it's on my fore arm and it's our marriage date.

Tattoo Removal -- Pico/Q Switched Laser

Laser can be used to remove tattoos.  It takes a number of treatments but will get an outcome over time.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Laser Tattoo Removal

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear about your dilema. Your tattoo needs to be fully healed before beginning laser tattoo removal. Pico lasers are the most advanced technology. I utilize the PiQo4 laser which has 4 Pico wavelengths making it possible to remove 96% of ink in as little as 4-6 treatments on average. I also utilize the Picosure for a total of 5 Pico wavelengths. Tattoos are removed faster and safer with Pico lasers and there is less risk of scarring. It is important not only to seek the best technology but an experienced laser tattoo removal provider.

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon