I had a facial peel and had a terrible reaction. Can you recommend some products that will help with this healing process?

My face is very swollen and my eye is almost swollen shut. It is very red and hurts to touch. Can you recommend some products that will help this healing process?

Doctor Answers 2

Skip the facial, try microneedling.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Sounds like you had an allergic reaction to the products used.  Tell your practitioner...
I always tell my patients, if a facial feels good for you to relax, get it. If you are actually trying to improve your skin in the long term, do Dermapen instead. You know when you go on a trip and you get a facial, you glow that day, then go back to looking normal the day after. After Dermapen, you glow for a month and get long-lasting collagen production.
You can get Dermapen (or microneedling) with blood or spun down blood to isoloate the PRP (platelet rich plasma). This boosts the efficacy of microneedling by penetrating your own growth factors deep into your skin, again, causing more collagen production and lon-lasting benefits for your skin. I prefer PRP over blood because we have isolated the growth factor portion of the blood to use in the treatment.
You can expect improvement in fine lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, and a long-lasting glow. Personally, I love this treatment and try to get it done every couple of months. You will be addicted too. Promise!

Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 56 reviews

Reaction from facial peel

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Without knowing the type of peel you had done this is impossible to answer. Telling you to apply the wrong product could make things worse. I don't know if this was something you did yourself, or had done at facility. If you did have it done at a facility, please contact that office and see the treating physician. If it was something you did yourself, you should probably try to be seen by a local dermatology office.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.