Am I a good canadidate for breast reduction?

I am 32 now and I've always had large breast. My breast has gotten larger by the year seem like. I went from a size double "d" to a staggering double "f" and from an "f" to a triple " h". I got measured at our local brazier shop, but that's been since a year ago. My back has spasms everyday non stop. They don't really help much. Sometimes I can't sleep so I sit up for most of the night because the spasms have gotten worst over the course of the last 8 or 9 months.

Breast reduction, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. 
After having analyzed all the information provided to us, i can realize that you have very large breasts for your height and weight, and can be responsible for head, back, neck and shoulder pain. In the future may cause  permanent osteo-articular damage in the back and shoulders and skin problems (mainly under the breasts). For for this reasons, certainly you need a breast reduction surgery.Kind regards

Breast reduction candidate

You need to be seen by a plastic surgeon for a complete exam and review of your medical history and symptoms. Your health insurance may be able to cover the procedure also if your breasts are so heavy they are causing your symptoms. Consult with a few plastic surgeons in person for more information.Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Breast reduction

Based upon your description, it sounds like you are a good candidate for a breast reduction. Best to be seen in person.

Breast reduction

Thank you for your question.  Based on the information that you provide about your breasts, you are a great candidate for a breast reduction. That is of course as long as your overall health is good enough to have surgery.  Seek a consultation from a Board Certified PS for your best results.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Certainly your symptoms would suggest that there may be a connection between your large breasts and the back pain that you suffer from. The back pain is typically neck, shoulder and predominantly upper back pain in location. Associated with which are bra strap grooves, intertriginous (under the breast fold in this case) region rashes and headaches. There is no doubt that if your symptoms are due to your large (macromastia) breasts you would almost certainly benefit from a breast reduction. I would greatly encourage you to undergo a full consultation and examination with a Board Certified Plastic and Reconstructive surgeon who will ensure that you are fully informed of the risks and benefits.

Good luck, 

Gideon S. Maresky, MD

Gideon Maresky, MD
South Africa Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question. Based on your description, you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery. This operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. Of course, definitive assessment and advice would require in person evaluation.

“Typical” patients who present for breast reduction surgery are women who have disproportionately large breasts, causing problems such as neck/back/shoulder discomfort, postural changes, bra strap grooving, skin irritation/rashes under the breasts, and/or difficulty with activities of daily living and/or exercise etc. There may be both physical as well as psychosocial “stress” caused by the disproportionately large breasts.

Reducing breast tissue mass and elevating the breasts on the chest wall tend to improve or alleviate many of the symptoms associated with the disproportionately large breasts.

Patients considering breast reduction surgery should also consider the potential downsides (risks/complications) associated with the procedure as well. Poor scarring, for example may be associated with the procedure. Additional surgery may be necessary in the short or longer term for a multitude of reasons.

When the time is right, I suggest that you seek consultation with well experienced plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. Ultimately, careful selection of your plastic surgeon will be the most important decision you make. To this end, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.   I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast reduction surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Breast Reduction Candidate

Based the symptoms you have described, it would appear that breast reduction surgery could greatly benefit you. With that being said, it is always best to schedule an in-person consultation with a highly accredited, board certified plastic surgeon to fully determine whether you would be a qualified candidate for this surgical procedure.   I’ve seen many patients with the same concerns as you, who have noticed a significant improvement in the overall shape, weight and size of their breasts. It’s also worth mentioning that breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing procedures we perform.

Breast reduction candidacy

Large breasts can often contribute to back pain, and if this the case, a breast reduction should markedly improve your symptoms.In order to get a qualified, expert opinion on your surgical options and expectations visit a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best of luck, Keith M. Blechman, MD New York, NY