I'm due to have botox for the first time on 28th, and my son's wedding is on 7th. Is 10 days long enough to recover?

Getting fillers and or Botox.

Botox

Congratulations!

There is no downtime associated with Botox. Unless you happen to get a minor bruise- which will go away within a few days. Makeup can easily cover it when applying good coverage! Once getting Botox injected you see results within 3-5 days. If not, it should kick in within ten days.

Enjoy the wedding!

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Recovery Time

Congrats to your family on your upcoming wedding!  There is really no down time associated with Botox.  Bruising is a common side effect, but can be hidden well with makeup.  However, I do tell my patients to wait a full 2 weeks before seeing the full effect of the Botox injections.  Best of luck to you and enjoy your son's wedding!

Botox

There is really no "recovery time" following a Botox procedure.  As with any type of injection, you should consider the possibility of bruising.  Most times any bruising is minimal and will be gone in a few days.  Makeup can be used to minimize the appearance of any bruising.  I would suggest avoiding any aspirin products for a few days prior to the procedure to help limit the possibility of bruising.  Of course if aspirin products are prescribed by your physician be sure to talk to them prior to stopping any prescribed medication. 

Ernest Normington, MD
Lewisburg Plastic Surgeon

Botox Or Fillers Before Wedding

It can take a few weeks for bruising to resolve, but with botox there is rarely bruising.  with fillers if you go to someone who uses cannulas there will be less chance of any short term issues.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox

Most of my patients say that they notice best results when they have their subsequent treatments within 3-6 months. If you choose to wait 6-12 months, you may not achieve the best results possible. It can take up to 10 days to see the full effect of Botox. If you do have any lines remaining after a treatment, you may want to consider a chemical or laser peel in conjunction with Botox treatments

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Botox for the first time

You definitely have enough time to do Botox and see visible results within 10 days so you still have enough time. However, considering that you're doing it for the 1st time, your timing is not ideal so if you decide to go ahead with the procedure I suggest the following 2 choices.
1. If you are unable to change the date of your procedure, consider seeing your treating physician 7 days post injections. By then most of the patients would have visible results and your doctor could ensure that everything looks perfect and do a touch-up if needed. If you were to develop a bruise it should resolve within that time frame as well. In addition, ask your doctor about Dysport, a Botox alternative that is known to kick in several days earlier which could make a huge difference in your case. 
2. Alternatively, since you mentioned that you are scheduled to have your treatment on the 28th, I would consider asking your treating physician if there is an opportunity to do such a procedure couple days earlier. 
Considering that Botox only takes 15 minutes to do, some physicians might be willing to accommodate a new patient like yourself given such a special circumstance. 

Good luck with your Botox and your son's wedding! 

Andrei Metelitsa, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologic Surgeon

Enough time for botox?

In my practice, I don't usually do toxin injections or dermal fillers 2 weeks before any event and some times up to 1 month if its your wedding or a major event! Botox usually starts to take effect in 3 days but max benefit is seen in 14 days. With the 1-2% risk of a possible complications like eyelid or eyebrow ptosis with botox, I'd rather not take the risk and don't want you to feel uncomfortable at your event. The issue with dermal fillers is bruising and I've seen it happen a few times with lip fillers and tear troughs where the bruising lasted 2 weeks. I don't see this now with advanced filler injections with canulas but not sure what method your injector is performing. Good luck!

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

Botox before wedding

Great question!  Typically, the effects of botox set in around 7-10 days post-injection.  If you get your botox on the 28th and everything goes as planned (correct placement of injections without bruising), then you will recover in time for your son's wedding.  However, if you require a touch up for asymmetry then you may not be happy with your results in time for your son's wedding.  Hope this helps!

Yes, that should be enough time to  see the results and if any bruising occurs it should be faded by then or easily covered with makeup.

Enjoy the wedding.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Botox Before a Big Event

Botox is fantastic and I always recommend doing it at least two weeks before a big event.  The reason is three fold.  One - it can take that long to see the full results.  Two- if you have a lot of bruising it will be gone within two weeks.  Three- if you need a "touch-up" there is still enough time to do it.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with Botox for the best cosmetic results.