Wait time between Liposuction for stomach and midsection only liposuction then arm lift?

I am planning on getting full midsection liposuction on my stomach and back only then going to get an arm lift by a specialist from a different dr. Im thinking getting liposuction on my midsection first then an arm lift right after? So 2 different procedures and drs how long should i wait in between?

There are a few experts at both liposuction and arm lifts.  I would look for them.

Beverly Hills, CA

Wait Time Between Procedures

Hi Sg911. Thank you for your question.

For tumescent liposuction using local anesthesia, I would recommend 1 month between procedures. However it can vary depending on your health and what your board certified surgeon recommends.

Good luck with your procedure.

Jeffrey A. Klein, MD
San Juan Capistrano Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction and Techniques -- SmartLipo Versus VASER Versus Traditional Versus WAL Versus ThermiRF

You can do stomach liposuction and the next day do the arms, I would coordinate the procedures with your doctors.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Arm Lift

As I said the type of doctor you want is one that can perform not only liposuction, but also a tummy tuck.  If you don't get a tummy tuck, you will feel like 'more could've been taken'.

The type of doctor that does tummy tucks also does armlifts. ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons with a specialty in body contouring.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Liposuction and arm lift - planning the procedures

Thank you for asking about your liposuction and arm lift.

• You should see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for both procedures -
  • It is likely that they can be done together by one plastic surgeon.
  • One needs to wait between 6 weeks and 6 months between procedures - depending on how you feel and how you heal.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Thank you for your question. Board certified plastic surgeons are the specialists in liposuction and arm lifts. I'm not sure what is the reason for another "specialist" to do the arms. Personally, without seeing photos, I would do liposuction of your whole midsection (back, waist, hips, abdomen)  and arms at the same time. 3 months later one can proceed with an  arm lift to give you the best results. If there's a lot of liposuction done during the arm lift procedure, your results will be suboptimal. You can review the photos of those surgeons who do major arm liposuction with the arm lift and you be the judge about the results. Good luck with your surgeries.

Arm lift

Liposuction is a great way to debulk to reduce the amount of fat in the arms and can be done at the same time as an arm lift. Depending on how much fat there is, it can also be staged or done in two different operations. 

Sincerely,

Terence M. Myckatyn, MD