Wait time between arm lift and liposuction?

I am planning on getting an arm lift and liposuction between two different doctors. I was thinking liposuction for my midsection first then an arm lift with an arm lift specialist dr after( different dr). Lipo first is a good idea right? How long should i wait between procedures?

Arm lift and liposuction

It would be best if you did it all with the same surgeon at the same time. I would recommend having 1 surgeon do the procedure, or finding someone else who can do both if they can't.

Arm lift brachioplasty arm liposuction arm lift incision arm reduction abdominal liposuction

HI sg911,
Thank you for your question regarding arm lift and liposuction.  If you truly want your arm lift and midsection liposuction performed by two different surgeons, please do so.  If you want to go this route, I would suggest  having the midsection liposuction first. After the midsection liposuction, I would wait at least 6 to 8 weeks  before having the arm lift or brachioplasty. You must consider that you will need your arms to get up and out of bed. If you do your arm lift surgery first, the recovery from the midsection liposuction will be more difficult. However, if you do your midsection liposuction first and your arm lift second, the recovery will be easier.
However, I would suggest an alternative. There are a  significant number of well-qualified, experienced, board certified plastic surgeons who performed arm lift (arm reduction) and midsection liposuction. These procedures can be performed at the same time. By combining the two procedures into one procedure, this  leads to one recovery and one time off work. The time under anesthesia is about the same or perhaps a little less with this option. I would suggest you seek a board-certified plastic surgeon with expertise in arm lifts and liposuction. Often, arm liposuction is performed at the beginning of the arm lift or brachioplasty surgery. Perhaps, your arm lift specialist can perform your midsection liposuction. If you have any questions regarding arm lift surgery, arm reduction surgery, brachioplasty or liposuction in general, please contact my office. Sincerely, Dr. Katzen.

Makes No Sense

If you trust a surgeon to perform an armlift, that same surgeon should be able to perform excellent liposuction. If not, maybe you should find a surgeon that does both well: ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeon.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Thank you for your question.  These two procedures can either be done simultaneously, or staged, with the order based on your desires.  I would allow yourself time to sufficiently heal before undergoing the second procedure, somewhere in the 6-8 week range.  Hope this helps.

Hi, it is a good idea trying liposuction first if the problem is about fat, if it not satisfied you then you can performed an arm lift for remove the excess skin. But i need to see pictures of you to give you my best recomendations.

Alicia Sigler, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon