What can I do to shape and soften my breast?

I had my breast size increased via fat transfer and one side is higher than the other and I feel like my breast now lack shape that are just kind of blocky

It is not unusual to see some asymmetry and hardness immediately after fat transfer to the breast, especially within the first few months. This will soften and get better in most cases. The shape will also improve in time.

The important thing is to get evaluated and bring up your concerns with your surgeon.

Issues with asymmetry

If you are in the first month it is still early but if you have concerns about a significant size difference then it is important to see your surgeon

Massage May Help with Shape

Massage – Your doctor may require you to move or massage the implants within the breast pockets during the postoperative period. Textured implants do not require breast massage. You will be informed about this at your post-operative visit.

Always contact your plastic surgeon if you have concerns about post-operative infection, bleeding, swelling, fever, excessive bruising, or any new and sudden changes in the feeling or look of your implants, breasts or incisions.

Thank you for your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon. Every surgeon has their own specific post op protocol for their patients and your surgeon is the best resource when questions arise. They are most familiar with your medical history, details of your surgery, and how you are healing. 

Congratulations on your recent surgery.

What can I do to shape and soften my breast after fat grafting?

It sounds to me like you are early in the recovery period and are suffering from swelling and bruising after the procedure.  If so I think you need to be patient and wait at least 3 to 6 months to see the final outcome.  Fat grafting is not usually expected to provide dramatic changes both in size and contour so hopefully we will see improvement with resolution of your swelling.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Thank you for your question. Without pictures of you before and after surgery, and more details regarding the procedure you had and what your goals were, it can be hard to give you specific advice. Fat grafting to the breast for augmentation usually results in very small changes and may take multiple procedures to obtain the result you are looking for. I would discuss this with your surgeon and try to define what your goals are and the best way to achieve these.

Breast appearance after fat grafting

I would be interested to know how far post op you are from fat grafting to the breast. Posting some photos would be helpful. In general terms, I believe breast augmentation with implants to more reliable and cost effective than fat grafting.

I would like to know more about your procedure in order to give you advice. It would be nice to see a before and after photo along with the timeline - how far out from surgery are you?

Of course you need to take this up with your surgeon. It sounds like more fat survived in one area than in the other. Further grafting may be the answer. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Fat Grafting Dissatisfaction

I'm sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the results of your procedure. It is impossible to comment on your appearance without at least photos. I recommend that you see your Plastic Surgeon in person for an exam and discussion of options.

All the best