How long should i wait to get an arm lift after I've had a full tummy tuck with lipo to flanks and full back?

Safe Wait time between tummy tuck/lipo and arm lift? I was thinking one month?

Arm lift

Best time to wait would be 3 months to allow your body to heal, consult carefully with a board certified PS, best of luck!

Spacing a tummy tuck with an arm lift

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck and arm lift.
  • Your minimum should be a full six weeks after your first operation before having the second.
  • Often people need more time than they expect to recover from a tummy tuck -
  • It often is easier if you wait 3 months, if you can.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

The best timeframe for additional surgery

In general we recommend our patients to take 3 months to fully recover between surgical procedures, but this rule applies specially after tummy tuck. You need the strength of your arms to get up from laying down or a sitting position, since it is painful to use your abdominal muscles.

Multiple procedures

Thank you for your question.  When it comes to our own personally recovery and decisions about additional surgery, it is always best to speak with your operating surgeon first as they are familiar with your surgical experience.  However, typically we advise patients to wait around 3 months before undergoing additional procedures.
With kind regards,Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.Las Vegas Plastic Surgeon

Lane Smith, MD

Thank you for your question.  In my practice, we generally wait around 3 months before proceeding to the next stage of body contouring.  This allows ample amount of healing before doing the next procedure.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS