I don't like how the bottom of my left eye is hollowed out, I feel like my face is slightly droopy any advice? (photos)

I feel like my face is becoming droopy and the winkle on my cheek near my nose is becoming more visible. The problem with under my eye has always been an issue but it's becoming more noticeable when I get older, I should add that I am a smoker. Could quitting smoking bring my face back to normal? I'm also curious if there's anyway to make my face less round? I'm looking for any advice from plastic surgery to home remedies. Thank you

Doctor Answers 2

Hollowing and droopy

Thank you for your photo. Drooping and hollowing are due to aging in which skin slowly loses its fight with gravity and there is volume loss as we get older. This results in bags and lines under our eyes and around our noses. Our lifestyle also can speed the aging process along particularly with smoking, alcohol use, sun exposure, or sleeping on one side of the face. It is always best to quit smoking which will improve the quality of your skin and healing abilities. Options to improve your undereye area include filler and eye bag surgery to smooth the lines and depressions, tightening the skin, and repostioning fat into a more youthful area.  It is best to have an in-office examination to determine exactly what areas need to be treated and what surgical and non-surgical options are available for your problem areas. Hope this helps!!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Beverly Hills Physician
5.0 out of 5 stars 12 reviews

Let's Talk Facial Rejuvenation!

Quitting smoking will improve your skin quality and your health. In addition I recommend a combination approach. In treating under eyes, a combination approach is best. I use a combination approach of lasers, microneedling/PRP, fillers and skin care/peels which can improve this area. Facial contouring can be done with fillers and/or fat. See an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 190 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.