Arm lift revision?

I am planning on getting an arm lift, while i was doing research i seen someone say they are getting an arm lift revision after 10 years because they dropped and sagged again. Should i have to worry about that? Does that happen to everyone? After i have to surgery and maintain and healthy lifestyle and regualar excercise with weight training will my arm stay forver tight as ling long as i dont gain and lose weight? Thank you!

Arm lift brachioplasty arm reduction arm liposuction arm lift revision repeat arm lift

Hello sg911, Thank you for your question regarding having to repeat your arm lift after 1o years.  The short answer is  “No, you do not need to worry about an arm lift revision in 10 years”.  Depending on the patient, an arm lift or brachioplasty takes about 3 to 4 hours to complete. The arm lift should involve arm fat removal with arm liposuction and arm skin removal with an incision.  An arm lift is performed under general anesthesia.  After an arm lift, the recovery takes about 2 weeks. Your arm lift results should be permanent. You should not need a revision.  In my experience since 2001, none of my patients needed an arm lift revision because it “dropped and sagged again”.  I believe if you continue a healthy lifestyle, eat correctly, and exercise, you will not need an arm lift revision. Thank you for your questions regarding an arm lift.  If you have any questions regarding an arm lift or arm lift revision, please contact my office. Sincerely,Dr. J. Timothy Katzen 

Arm Lift in Melbourne, Florida

It is important to remember that removing excess skin does not mean that your remaining skin will magically change in quality or have increased elasticity compared to before surgery; therefore, your body will continue to age and your skin will continue to lose elasticity with time at the same rate that it otherwise would whether you have had an arm lift or not. Therefore, particularly in patients who are massive weight loss patients whose skin has been stretched quite a bit before their surgery, it is expected that the skin will relax after surgery. Everyone is different in this regard and therefore, the degree to which you enjoy your result will vary greatly compared to others. This has nothing to do with the quality of the surgeon’s work as it is completely a factor of each individual patient’s healing and skin quality. Unfortunately, nothing lasts forever as much as we wish it would. I hope this is helpful to you. Best of luck!

Amy Ortega, MD
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift revision?

Thank you for the question.  Arm lifting surgery is a great operation for the appropriate patient; barring significant weight gain/loss (and assuming a well executed initial procedure), repeat arm lifting surgery is almost never necessary.  I hope this, and the attached link/video, helps. Best wishes.

Arm lift revision

Arm lift revision maybe needed over time if an individual loses or gains a significant amount of weight
Other factor that can affect the results are environmental exposure to excess sun
As we age skin elasticity may change which could necessitate revision  

Patients should maximize weight loss and have a healthy life style after surgery

Wilfred R. Ehrmantraut, Jr., MD
Prince Frederick Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift revision?

In most cases, patients don't require an arm lift revision.  That said, it still pays to maintain your weight and practice a healthy lifestyle.  You will still age, but the likelihood that you will require another arm lift is very small.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift - is a revision always needed after 10 years

Thank you for asking about your arm lift.

• An arm lift like most cosmetic surgery gives permanent improvement.
  • Things can change with time - from sun exposure, smoking, weight gain - and many other reasons.
  • I do not think this is something to worry about - if you need an arm lift, chances are you will have a good result and be pleased -
  • If your body changes radically in ten years, you might need or want a revision.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Arm Lift Revision 10 Years Out

Arm Lifts are usually performed after a large weight gain followed by a large weight loss. Arm Lift Revision for recurrent loose skin is rare. If you maintain your weight, you are more likely to maintain your results. On the other hand, if you go through another cycle of large weight gain and loss, the arm skin can stretch and loosen again. As we age, we lose the elasticity in our skin, so with time the skin on your arms, like the skin covering the rest of your body, will loosen. Nothing lasts forever. The amount of laxity that develops depends on your genes and how you treat your skin. Moisturizers, sunscreens, not smoking, proper diet and regular exercise all can help.

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift revision

Thank you for your excellent question.  Any skin tightening procedure - arm lift, tummy tuck, breast lift, etc - benefits long-term by maintaining a stable weight and excellent underlying muscle tone.  That said, gravity, time, genetics, and environmental factors will continue to exert their effects on your results and you may benefit from a revision in the future.  Your likelihood of needing one can not be accurately determined as too many variables play a role.  See a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation for your surgery.