Concern About Swelling / Skin Retraction 8 Weeks After Vaser Liposuction?

Good day, I had Vaser Lipo on my inner thighs, abdomen and flank 8 weeks ago. 1200 ccs were removed from my abdomen and flanks and approx 300 cc from each thigh. Overall im happy with the results on my thighs and flanks however my abdomen im a bit concerned. My lower abdomen is extremely flat however above my belly button there still seems to be a lot of swelling and or fat im not sure which. When i press it it does ripple a little. Ive also had frequents LPG sessions. Should i be worried? Thx!

Concern About Swelling / Skin Retraction 8 Weeks After Vaser Liposuction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Swelling after #Vaser liposuction is not uncommon. Gentle #walking may increase circulation and help to alleviate swelling. But you must not strain or push yourself. Also, if you were provided a post-procedure #garment, be sure you are wearing it until prescribed otherwise by your doctor. The purpose of the post-procedure #garment is to provide some gentle #support and to reduce swelling. If it feels too tight or causes pain, take it off. Many patients wear the #elastic garment for several weeks after procedures, as directed by their doctor; some choose to wear it longer for several months for comfort.

The final results of the procedure are typically most noticeable 2-4 months following the #Vaser. So, you must have patience. The swelling will gradually diminish while the contours of the treated area(s) can continue to improve up to one year post procedure; becoming more apparent in appearance. If you have concerns about your healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined. 

Concerns 8 weeks after VASER Liposuction

Without seeing photos it is difficult to assess the situation completely.  There is still swelling after 8 weeks but the majority of it is gone.  The area around the umbilicus is the most common area where fat can be left behind, which may require a touch-up procedure to remove.  Also, if you had some loose skin before the operation (such as weight loss or pregnancy), it tends to hover around the top of the umbilicus because it is a fixed point and created an unhappy smile as I like to call it.  I suggest you post some photos.  Also, return to your original surgeon for questions.

Jeffrey LaGrasso, MD

Swelling can persist for 6 months and sometimes up to 1 year following liposuction.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA