What are non surgical ways to get my stomach flat and toned (don't want a tummy tuck)? (Photo)

I just had a baby two months ago. I have started to workout and soon will start intensive ab workouts. Will this help? I have also considered umbilicoplasty just because it uses local anesthesia.

Tummy tuck effect without surgery?

Thank you for asking about your non-surgical tummy tuck.
  • Congratulations on your baby - hope you and the baby are fine.
  • The only way to get a tummy tuck result is to have a tummy tuck but this will help -
  • First, lose to a normal weight.
  • Keep up the work outs.
  • No umbilicoplasty - it will do nothing for you.
  • Even when thin and fit, you will have loose skin and muscle - but it's the best you can do without surgery.
  • If you plan more children - no tummy tuck until you've had your babies.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FAC

Non-Surgical Ways to Flatten Your Stomach

Thank you for your question and photos. To answer your question, The most effective non-surgical methods to reduce the excess fat of your stomach are Coolsculpt and Sculpsure. From your photos, you will require multiple treatments to see the improvement you desire. Unfortunately, they won't significantly improve the laxity of your skin like a tummy tuck will. To tone your stomach muscles, you are on the right track in proceeding with diet and exercise, especially cardio. Unfortunately, any loose skin will not look "toned". An umbilicoplasty will not do much more than to remove excess skin hooding over your belly button.From your photos, You would benefit most from a surgical procedure, likely a combination of tummy tuck and liposuction, to get the best results. I understand your hesitancy in going this direction, but suggest that you see a plastic surgeon to understand the benefits of these different options as well as the risks of local vs. general anesthesia. Best of luck!

What can I do to get rid of the fat from my pregancy weight gain?

There are several non-surgical options like Thermage and coolsculpting but their results are quite limited. You definitely will be helped by working out and weight loss. If not, liposculpture under tumescent local anesthetic alone may be something to consider.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

I suggest a 4D HI DEFINITION contouring specialist if you want fat removal, contouring and skin tightening. An in person consult is needed to determine what is best based on your body type and skin type. VASER can sculpt and contour the body and results can be seen immediately. Please consult with an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Abdominal 'Tone'

Hello,Although you could certainly get leaner by diet and exercise, which I recommend anyway regardless of any prospective surgery, you cannot 'tone' skin.  Yours is in excess, and has very little elastic qualities.  This means as  you loose weight, or after liposuction removes subcutaneous fat, your skin will only become looser and potentially saggier. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that perform tummy tucks frequently. You will be pleasantly surprised how good a scar can look.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS