Can the nose be done with out open rhinoplasty? (Photos)

How. can I get my nose tip done by it Self or just the lower portion done ?

Your nose can be done with either the open or closed technique.  Select the surgeon you fell has the most experience and with whom you are comfortable.  Then go with his or her advice regarding open versus closed.

Closed Rhinoplasty

The choice of open vs close rhinoplasty is based on surgeon preference, experience and the complexity of the nasal problem. Your nose shows that while the tip is the major source of concern i there are nasal bone issues as well that will become more apparent as the nasal tip is shortened and narrowed.

Can the nose be done with out open rhinoplasty?

Sure it can be done in an open or closed fashion. Any well versed nose surgeon will be able to discuss which option is best for you based on what is required in surgery. Just bout anything can be done in a closed fashion that can be done open. You will find varying opinions about which is best but at the end of the day the most important thing is that the surgeon is skilled and comfortable with the technique they choose. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

A endonasal rhinoplasty can be done.  However, open rhinoplasty may be best when the case is complex, a lot of tip work needs to be done and/or better visualization is needed.  I think both endonasal and open approaches can achieve good rhinoplasty results in general and it is up to the surgeon to decide which method might be best for each patient.  I recommend that you see a surgeon who is experienced and who you understands what you want.  Good luck!

Sunny Park, MD, MPH
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can the Nose be Done without an Open Procedure?

Your nose can be done using the closed procedure but I suggest you consider more than a limited rhinoplasty to just refine your bulbous tip. Your asymmetrical bridge can also be improved so you achieve a balanced natural result. Pick an excellent experienced surgeon , not the technique.

Can the nose be done without open rhinoplasty?

Short answer: Yes. Many noses can be performed endonasally (without opening), but outcomes may vary depending on a few factors.
Things to think about.1. Your surgeon has experience with endonasal (closed) rhinoplasty.2. A single area of the nose can be addressed; however for the best result, additional maneuvers may be needed to balance the nose with the rest of the face. 3. Skin thickness can play a major factor in your result. Making the nasal tip cartilages smaller will make a nose covered with thick skin look rounder and less defined. 
I recommend having a full consultation which should involve a medical history, physical examination, and photoanalysis so a rhinoplasty specialist can present the treatment options that are appropriate for your nose and face. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Closed rhinoplasty candidate

A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish making  the required changes to the nose such as narrowing  flow bridge, narrowing the bulbous tip, shaving down the dorsal hump, and adding cartilage grafts to the nose when necessary. All  of the incisions are placed on the inside of the nose when a closed rhinoplasty approach is performed. A full rhinoplasty is  usually required to make sure all  of the components of the nose balance with each other, an  the entire new nose balances with patient's facial features. For many examples, please see the link to our closed rhinoplasty Photo Gallery

Improving the nostril width and refining a flaring bulbous tip to achieve an improved natural appearing cosmetic result are frequent requests of patients wanting nasal refinement. It is possible to improve the cosmetic appearance of the tip alone without altering the rest of the nose in some patients. Whether the optimal option in your particular situation would be a tip rhinoplasty alone or a full rhinoplasty would best be determined at a consultation. Either procedure can be performed with a closed or open approach.
Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon with extensive nasal surgery experience who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (ENT) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.
Robert Singer, MD FACS
La Jolla,California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to correct bulbous tip with closed approach?

Rhinoplasty to correct bulbous tip with closed approach?  yes this can be done with a closed approach however your nose appears to be deviated in the upper portion and normally this would be straightened at the same time. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who's before-and-after pictures look natural. 

Closed Rhynoplasty

You could get good results from a closed Rhynoplasty. We need to work your tip, base and bone structures.
Dr Hernandez Pizzoglio