Arm lift, or lipo? (Photo)

What would be the best way to do my arm? Uncertain which would be best.. Smart lipo or arm reduction. I can literally Pinchgrab a handfull of skin under my arm .but would lipo me the skin go back??

Arm lift or liposuction?

To get very nice results, you at least need a brachioplasty. You are one of a very few percent of patients who could probably achieve a nice result with a rather short scar. Minimal liposuction for contour improvement could be added, but on its own, liposuction would probably not give you a very aesthetic arm. You should see a board-certified plastic surgeon to review the possible approaches.

Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift or Lipo?

I think you will be a good candidate for a combined procedure. He would do well with limited arm lift to address the excess skin in the upper third of your arm and liposuction for the lower two thirds.

It is imperative that you seek the advice of a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and has extensive experience in brachioplasty / arm lift.

I wish you the best.

Dr. Gabbay.

Joubin Gabbay, MD

Arm lift or lipo?

You need to decide how great a result do you want.   Fortunately most of your skin excess is in the upper third of your arm which would allow you to keep the scar shorter than most.  Arm lipo will definitely decrease the fat volume of the upper arm but the skin can only tighten so much and might actually look worse.  My advice would be a brachioplasty involving the upper third with lipo on the lower two thirds where the skin is still normal.  You'd have a relatively short scar that would be completely hidden in most short sleeve garments and no flabby skin to worry about.

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Axillary Brachioplasty

Since you skin only seems to be a problem close to the axilla, I would recommend an axillary brachioplasty. this procedure keeps the scar in the axilla and will pull the skin tighter.  You will need to see a plastic surgeon in person to see if you would be a good candidate for this procedure.  Good Luck.

William H. Huffaker, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift vs lipo

Thanks for your question and photographs.  Its likely that you would benefit from a combination of liposuction and arm lift surgery.  Liposuction on its own would likely leave you with deflated and sagging skin and you would be unhappy with the appearance.  Arrange a consultation with a fully qualified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Lipo or arm lift?

Thank you for your question and photos.  I think that lipo alone would leave you disappointed with your arms.  This procedure will remove excess fat from your arms alone but will not correct for the loose, saggy skin that you have.  This can only be confirmed during an in-person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Arm Lift

Thank you for your question about arm lift and including pictures.

You will likely need a combination of fat reduction and skin removal.  Liposuction alone is likely to leave you disappointed.

To be sure, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have arm lift surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Arm susrgery

Based on your photos, you would probably get the most benefit from the arm lift procedure.  Liposuction alone would remove excess fat in the area, but would most likely not give you the "tight" appearance that you desire.  A visit with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area would be a great place to start.  He/She can go over the details of the surgery as well as the incisions.  Best wishes.

Camille Cash, MD

Arm Lift Vs. Lipo

Hello and thank you for you question and photos! Based on your photos, it appears that you would benefit most from an arm lift with possibly Lipo to help contour and remove excess fat. If you haven't already done so, please make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person examination and to discuss the options to give you the best results.
Good luck to you!

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS

Arm lift or lipo?

Thanks for your question and photos.  Upper arm contouring can be either liposuction alone or an arm lift (brachiaplasty).  The upper arm has relatively thin skin and liposuction alone works best in an an area with fatty tissue and good skin tone, as liposuction can increase skin laxity.  With moderate skin laxity, performing an arm lift would be recommended.  In your case and your ability to pinch a handful of your skin under your arm indicates moderate skin laxity in your upper arm, and an arm lift would likely give you better results.  Hope this helps…best of luck!