Compare Ultherapy Results with Eprime Results?

I suspect the downtime is longer with eprime and the pain is greater with ultherapy. However, I would tolerate both in exchange for results. Any head to head comparisons on skin tightening results? Thanks!

How Does Ulthera Differ from Profound/E Prime? PART II

Elasticity is lost beginning in the early 20's; this is only device that reliably restores elasticity.

The clinical and scientific testing was rigorous in pre-clinical testing, and accurately determined the dermal "sweet spot" for restoration of hylalurinic acid, collagen and elastin.

continued---PART II OF VIDEO

Profound -ePrime vs Ultherapy

Like others, I have had several years experience using different systems ePrime then name change to Profound, Secret non insulated, INFINI insulated micro needling RF, RF using latest ten Themage, Ultherapy, and many others. 

Bottom line, its choosing the right candidate, and also its highly user dependent. More you push any of these devices more pain, more downtime, better results ( to a limit of course). Ultherapy has much less downtime than ePrime, with head to head comparisons, using 20% above recommended passes (lines), and overlaps, I do believe Ultherapy is superior. 

Of all the energy based needling devices, I find INFINI RF the most consistent. IMO
Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

I must say that I am taken aback at the other Doctors answers! I have both they Profound (formerly E-Prime but significantly upgraded) and the Ulthera systems. They both have a place and they are both effective. Respectfully, I doubt that the other doctors have the breadth of experience with both systems that I do. Profound is a new device that utilizes Micro-Needles paired with bipolar radio frequency energy (MN-RF). Profound is an exceptionally effective new system that has no peer. The options for "non-surgical face lift" are improving all the time. When we became one of the first 25 USA Ultherapy practices in 2010, we knew that things were changing. Now we also have amazing options in Micro-needle Radiofrequency (MN-RF) treatment platforms. I have been consulting with numerous manufacturers and helped get the Vivace MN-RF platform its' FDA-510K approval. Viviane is a low to moderate energy system that improves facial aging with minimal downtime. More recently, we have similarly helped with the Profound MN-RF system by Syneron-Candela and we are very impressed. Profound has 5mm depth micro needles that are insulated in the shaft to protect skin and have temperature probes at the needle tips that allow us to raise dermis tissue temperatures to the absolute optimal "sweet spot" of 67-68 Celsius (the perfect temperature for collagen and elastin growth as well as Hyaluronic acid deposition), thus ensuring precise facial rejuvenation and even volume restoration (like when we inject fillers) by new tissue growth. Profound is a game changer that requires local anesthesia and 3-7 days of facial recovery. We have been pairing these systems with fillers, Botox, and professional skin care to achieve optimal non-surgical face lifting. Lastly, Profound is also effective for stretch mark removal, scar revision, and body rejuvenation.

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Eprime or Ultherapy

I would say that Eprime is 'subprime' when compared to Ultherapy.

Ultherapy is FDA cleared, has a lot of science and clinical follow up behind it AMD high patient satisfaction rates. Go with the procedure that has proven results.

Ultherapy is unique in that it also gives the physician a B mode image of what is being treated, an advantage that RF devices don't have ! 

Ulther is superior

eprime is radiofrequency.  It is an energy that can not penetrate as deep of ultrasound which is employed by ulthera.  I believe that ulthera give more reproducible and consistent results than eprime!

Cameron Rokhsar, MD, FAAD

Ulthera champions Eprime

Eprime is a radiofrequency treatment for facial rejuvenation. It heats the dermal collagen inducing dermal connective tissue regeneration and subsequent rejuvenation.

In contrast Ultherapy is focused ultrasound. Ultherapy produces a very focused thermal injury that results in immediate tissue contraction and induces regeneration of collagen. In contrast to Eprime, Ulthera is the only device that can reach the deep facial layer known as the SMAS. This is the same layer of tissue that plastic surgeons undermine and tighten to produce a face lift. Ulthera is a duel plane treatment, targeting the dermal layers (the same layer treated with radiofrequency units such as Eprime) and the SMAS. In this way one obtains contraction, lifting and thickening of two layers of facial tissue. I hope this helps explain the difference between the two devices.

Curt Samlaska, MD

Ultherapy has FDA clearance for skin lifting vs Pelleve vs Eprime vs Thermage

Ultherapy utilizes ultrasound energy to tighten and lift the skin and, in fact, is FDA cleared for lifting of facial skin. Radiofrequency devices such as eprime, Pellave and Thermage utilize radiofrequency, some fractional, some unipolar and others bipolar. Clinicians have various opinions on clinical results. In our practice we have used Thermage, Pelleve and Ultherapy for many patients over the last several years, and have been very impressed with the Ultherapy and Pelleve results, neither of which would produce as great a result as a facelift but these treatments are geared for those who are not ready for surgery or just don't want surgery.

Of the radiofrequency devices, Pelleve is minimally uncomfortable, and is often referred to as a deep heat massage and requires no pain medicaiton whereas Ultherapy-induced discomfort is managed by oral  medications for pain and to  help relax our patients. Usually Ultherapy is one treatment and Pelleve consists of a series of three treatments three weeks apart. We have an extremely high patient satisfaction rating of Pelleve.  I have no experience with Eprime.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon