How common is breast reconstruction scar revision done and any other revisions? (photo)

The initial mastectomy incision was done in the nipple area and scarred badly. My PS was going to clean up the scar at the exchange, or later in the office, but has changed his mind. He now would like to do it in the hospital. Are scar revisions ever done in the office as he originally stated? Also, how often are other types of revisions done? If I am going to have to have a revision in the hospital I would almost rather wait and do everything at once. My exchange was in August.

Need scar removal from breast augmentation earlier this year (Feb 2013)? (photo)

The posted photo demonstrates a wonderful result. Therefore where ever your surgeon desires to do your surgeries why would you care?? The results can only get better????

Doing a scar revision in the hospital is fine!

I do all of my scar revisions in the hospital combined with fat grafting and other symmetry procedures.Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!