what would be the recovery time to return to work after getting breast lift with augmentation

I work in a hospital and have to move patients

Heavy lifting after breast surgery

Ideally, I have patients wait about 4-6 weeks to start performing vigorous activity like lifting heavy objects. Best to review with your surgeon.

Breast Implants and Lift

I would recommend at least 3-4 weeks before heavy lifting. I often advise my patients to be excused from heavy lifting until that point, however can still return to work.  I often provide a "Doctor's Note" stating this.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Best wishes!
Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Returning to Work After Your Breast Lift and Augmentation

Post surgical pain varies per person and medication to control #discomfort will be provided. Healing will continue for 2-3 months for the early period. This includes some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation may also be abnormal and scars will be evolve. Tingling, burning or shooting pains will disappear with time and should not alarm you. It is simply a result of the regeneration of your sensory nerves. If these sensations cause pain, repeated, local self-massage per your surgeon's permission may help.
As I tell my patients, you make take gentle walks within a few days following your #surgery. Light #activity may be started 7-10 days after surgery. If your work keeps you sedentary, you may return whenever you feel up to it. If your work is strenuous, wait until your work activity does not cause any superficial pain. Some employers will modify a person’s job duties so they can back sooner, but without physical, strenuous activity for a specified period of time. Do not begin light aerobic #exercise for 3 weeks and strenuous exercise for at least 6 weeks. Let your body tell you what it can tolerate. It is always recommended to call and see your surgeon to discuss your healing concerns.
Your procedure should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

What would be the recovery time to return to work after getting breast lift with augmentation

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. a week is fine but without lifting or bending
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast surgery recovery time

You should be able to resume normal activity and work after a few days, or even sooner. You probably will not be able to do heavy activity or strenuous work for about 3-4 weeks, depending on the extent of surgery and your recovery.  Best to find a plastic surgeon with experience in this procedure who is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons.

John A. Perrotti, MD

Breast lift with augmentation recovery

Thank you for your question. Recovery after a breast lift with augmentation can be very straight forward with the right surgeon. Precise technique with minimal trauma leads to little pain after surgery, with many of our patients going out for dinner the same night as surgery. Every surgeon will have his/her own preferences as to recovery for specific procedures. I have patients wear a soft bra for a few weeks to splint everything, and at that point the scars are generally very stable and we move to normal bras (or none) and long term scar management. I suggest you wait at least 3 weeks before running or exercise. It's best to be sure that everything is healed. There is always a chance of causing bleeding if you start much before that time. If your work doesn´t require heavy lifting a week recovery would be good. Most important is a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon regarding this procedure. Don’t settle for less!

Breast Li

I appreciate your question.

I recommend no strenuous activity or heavy lifting for 6-8 weeks following surgery for my patients.  Discuss with your surgeon.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to advise you regarding returning to activities, including work. Generally speaking, patients are able to return to light duty/desk jobs about one week after surgery. Your job, much more strenuous, may require several weeks at least 3-4 weeks) off, unless you are able to return to modified duty.

Breast lift and implant return to work

Most patients with an augmentation/lift can return to work after about a week. If your implants are under the muscle then a little longer is needed if you have to do some lifting. I would shoot for 2 weeks. A lot depends on the individual. Good luck.

Return to work

I would advise my patients undergoing breast lift with augmentation to avoid heavy lifting or major strenuous activity for 4 to 6 weeks after surgery. If you don't have to exert yourself in a strenuous way at work, I think most patients would feel ready to return between 2 to 3 weeks. Some might be sooner, it depends on the patient. 

Salem Samra, MD
Middletown Plastic Surgeon