How Come I'm Not Seeing Any Reduction in Jaw Botox? (photo)

Is it not the muscle that appears larger than the right jaw? Should I chew on the other side?

Botox Price Calculator

What would you like to change?

Total Price

See the math

Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.

Please enter a valid {{ field }}.

Congrats!

These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.

It takes a lot

To successfully reduce the size of the masseter, it can take 20 to 30 units per side and then there is the risk of chewing difficulty. This is definitely off label.

Walnut Creek Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox results

You would probably need a series of treatments to achieve the results you want. I would suggest returning to your injector to discuss your concerns.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Masseter Reduction with Botox

Masseter Bulk Reduction may take up to a year with repeated large unit injections to notice a difference (25 U each side every 3 months).

Masseter Reduction Takes Time

It takes several injections over a course of 6-12 months before you will see jaw reduction with Botox injected into the masseter muscle - be patient as this will be an expensive and slow process.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo Phlebologist

Botox and jaw reduction

It may take several treatments to your masseter muscles to see results and facial contour. Follow up with your provider for further assessment and treatment expectations.

Sam Naficy, MD, FACS

Botox and jaw

When treating the masseter muscle with Botox to reduce the volume of muscle, it may take several treatments over many months,.

Botox

I see the asymmetry you are referring to.  It takes several treatments with Botox to see results with masseter reduction.  Without knowing where you are in such a treatment regimen, I can't say for sure whether your results are what you should expect.  You should see your injector and discuss your concerns.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)