Combining Breast Lift, Implants, Tummy Tuck and Fat Injections to Butt

I am interested in having a breast lift, breast augmentation, tummy tuck and some fat injected into my buttocks. I was wondering if these are too many procedures to have at once. Can all these procedures be done at once?

Breast Lift, Implants, Tummy Tuck, and Butt Augmentation???

It does make sense to combine procedures at times, but you are pushing the envelope. That is a lot of surgery, covering multiple parts of the body, will certainly take a while, and will make for a tough recovery.

Safety becomes a real consideration, and as you get beyond six hours of surgery (as you almost certainly will) the risk of various kinds of complications starts to rise. In addition, do you really want your surgeon working as fast as possible to get this done. Inevitably they will begin to cut corners and the quallity of the result is compromised.

I think you would do much better by having this staged. You could do the tummy tuck and breast lift initially, then return a few months later and have the breast augmentation and fat transfer to the butt. This offers the avantage of having a much greater range of implant selection as augmentation and lifts tend to work against one another when performed at the same time, and your implant options are much more limited.

Lots of surgery

I think that you would be a good candidate for the tummy tuck. I can't tell if you need a lift, or if implants alone will suffice. I am not keen on fat transfers myself.

Anyway, if you are healthy enough for all that surgery, you have to understand that it will increase risk and you should stay in a hospital at least over night for safety.

Multiple Plastic Surgery Procedures

From the pictures, it looks like you would benefit from all the procedures that you listed. The most important thing is your safety. You may want to consider two separate sessions to complete all the procedures. While it is technically possible to do all the procedures at the same time, it is a huge stress on your body to have such a long surgery. Also, you do not want your surgeon rushing through the procedures just to get them all done. Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Tummy tuck/breast implants and bbl - best as staged procedures

Thank your for your question. A tummy tuck can address the skin and muscle laxity of the abdominal region as well as reducing the excess fatty tissue. A brazilian butt lift helps to shape the buttock by borrowing fat from one part (or several) and transferring this fat to another. They are both extremely rewarding procedures. The best approach for a patient who wants to have both procedures is to stage them and possibly start with the BBL. Here is why:
1) A brazilian butt lift is transferring fat from one area to the buttock. One common donor area is the tummy. Once the fat is transferred, you need to keep pressure off the buttock as this allows new blood supply to develop to the newly grafted fat cells. Any stress such as pressure can reduce the efficacy of this process and hence you may lose some fat. Hence, no sitting or laying on your bottom for ~2 weeks.
2) A tummy tuck is removing excess skin and tightening the muscle as well as remove extra fat. To make the skin removal efficient and protect the incision, you surgeon will often remove skin while your hips are flexed. You will need to maintain this position after surgery for about a week. This will required you to sleep in a recliner position for a good week. In addition, l often combine liposuction of the abdomen and flanks as part of this procedure and once this fat is removed, it cannot be stored for the brazilian buttock lift in the future.
Since the recovery process for these two popular procedures compete, I would recommend staging them. If you are surgeon is needing as much donor areas to recruit as much fat as possible, then I would start with the brazilian buttock lift so you can use the abdominal and flank regions as donor areas.  I would also recommend that you combine the breast procedures with the tummy tuck as the recovery for the combined procedures are complementary.

Combining breast lift, implants, tummy tuck, and fat injections to butt?

Hello! Thank you for your question! These procedures can be effectively and safely performed in one setting. The breasts and tummy tuck are commonly performed together, often referred to as the "mommy makeover". If you are healthy and your surgeon decides that s/he could perform the procedures in a safe time for you, these procedures may be done in 1 setting. However, each of those procedures takes several hours each and consideration for splitting these into 2 settings may be wise. 

It is your decision as to whether you have your procedures performed in one or multiple stages, but your surgeon will give his/her recommendations. I would consult with a plastic surgeon well-versed in these procedures and discuss your concerns with your surgeon and see what your options are as well as have an examination. Your safety is ultimately the most important factor and is always on the mind of your surgeon when making such decisions. Hope that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Combination Surgery and Safety?

Thank you for the question and picture.

Determining whether all the procedures you mentioned could (or should) be performed at the same time will depend on a thorough history and physical examination;  ultimately it will come down to a decision regarding issues such as  duration and safety of surgery  in your specific case.

There is simply not enough information to provide you with a precise answer online.

If in doubt, do the procedures in two stages.

Combining procedures

It is usually not the best idea to combine all of these procedures into one surgery. One reason is the amount of time in surgery and amount of anesthesia administered. You would obviously need to be in the operating room for a longer period of time which puts you at a greater risk. Depending on exactly what you have done, you may need to rest in certain positions that could compromise the results of the other procedures.

It appears that you could benefit from all of these procedures so it would be best to do the procedures in stages. Find a board certified plastic surgeon that you feel comfortable with and specializes in these procedures.

Best regards,

Dr. Speron

Sam Speron, MD

Multiple cosmetic procedures

I would strongly advise that you have these procedures done separately, perhaps the breasts at one time and then the body procedures at a later date. The risks of surgery and anesthesia go up significantly when procedures are combined and operative time is prolonged. Best, /nsn.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS

Combining breast implants and lift, tummy tuck with fat transfer to buttock

Combining procedures in plastic surgery can be done if you are in good overall health and the surgeries can be completed in a reasonable amount of time. You will first require medical clearance from your primary care physician, which will include an EKG and appropriate lab testing.

You may also need to make arrangements to stay overnight at an aftercare facility or in a hospital -- this should be discussed with your plastic surgeon. The procedures should be completed in under six hours or so, as recommended by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. If the surgery is likely to run longer than this, the procedures should be performed on separate days. The longer the procedure is, the more likely you are to develop a blood clot in your lower extremities, which can become a very serious medical condition.

Discuss this in detail with your board certified plastic surgeon prior to scheduling such a combination of procedures

Dr. Bruno.

William Bruno, MD

Breast llift, implant, and tummy tuck

The tummy tuck inyour case will also need to include some liposuction to the flanks and upper abdomen.

As for you breast I cannot tell if your nipples are that low that you need a lift; the implants may be enough or a vertical lift is needed.

You can do all the above in one surgery.