What can I do about a broken porcelain veneer until I can get into a dentist to temporarily fix it?

I have the broken piece and it fits seamlessly. I am also looking for a cosmetic dentist in Columbus Ohio to fix it. We are new to the area, and I do not have a dentist here yet.

Broken porcelain #veneer #DrSOftTouch

Hello there, 
While I do not have a specific dentist or dental office to direct you to, I would recommend speaking with coworkers, family and friends in the area.  They should be able to give you great recommendations. I would not recommend attempting to reattach your broken veneer.  Rather, I would recommend seeing an experienced cosmetic dentist to have your veneer replaced. I suggest looking at before and after photos of actual patients of the dentist you are considering before selecting that dentist. This will give you a pretty good indication of what you can expect for your own dental work. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions. 

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

Fractured veneer

If the broken piece of porcelain fits well you can add some fixadent or some temporary dental cement from the drugstore to temporarily fix it into position.  Good luck!

Joel Klasfeld, DDS
New York Dentist

What To Do With A Fractured Porcelain Veneer

I would recommend asking local friends or family for a recommendation as well as searching the internet for a great cosmetic dentist or best dentist. Google, Yelp and Angie's List are good review sources for the most part. I would not try to fix this yourself.  If it's not attached properly, it could come loose and potentially get inhaled which is very dangerous. A dentist can re-bond the fractured veneer temporarily, but it will most likely need to be replaced. Keep in mind, the shade match can sometimes be an issue... this is why you want to choose an excellent cosmetic dentist.
Hank D. Michael, DMD, General, Cosmetic, and Implant Dentistry

Hank D. Michael, DMD
Sarasota Dentist