What type of chin implant will balance my face out more, and best deliver on a desired masculine look? (photos)

I've done a bit a research on the sizing and different types of chin implants but am unable to envision the physical manifestation of the many varieties of implants. I believe I have a relatively weak chin, and desire a more strong well-defined chin, that'll enhance my jawline. Judging from my photos, what type of implant and size do you think will be most beneficial to my current profile, in creating a more masculine look. Thank you for your answers.

Masculine Jawline

To achieve a stronger chin, you need a square style chin implant to create better chin angularity. But if you desire an overall more masculine jawline, a square chin implant needs to be combined with vertical lengthening jaw angle implants as well.

Chin Implant

Hi Josephisfun,From the photographs provided, you look as if you have a normal occlusion and your chin is not terribly small and unbalanced.  Personally, for males to get a more square jaw and masculine look, I use Terino square chin implants, either style 1 or style 2.  The style 2 is a more strongly defined square profile than style 1.  With the photographs provided, I would most commonly use a medium size implant in your situation but clearly you need to be examined by a qualified plastic surgeon first to make this assessment.Best,Warwick Nettle

What type of chin implant will balance my face out more, and best deliver on a desired masculine look?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.

Chin implant candidate

Chin implants are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes by several different manufacturers. In our practice, we use  implantech brand of chin implants. Most of the implants that we've used in our practice are size small and medium Mittleman pre-jowl chin implants that are composed of Silastic. The implants  are placed  under local anesthesia as outpatient surgical procedure. For more information and many before and after examples including diagrams of the chin implants, please see the link and the video below

Chin implant selection

Extended, square shape chin implant would most likely fit the best to your needs. However, sizing and appropriate selection of implant is something that needs to be based on clinical evaluation, in person exam. You should seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with good reputation in facial implants and discuss your options.Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon