What would you recommend to fix my stomach after having a large baby? (photo)

I am a five-one roughly 95lb woman who gave birth to a large baby. I know I have an umbilical hernia but I also have some loose skin around the navel, some loose skin below the navel and some dimpling. Also, some stretch marks just above the navel but mainly at or below the navel line. Full tummy tuck or mini? How will navel look after hernia repair? Muscle repair? Any insight would be greatly appreciated, my main issue is the loose skin when I bend over and the navel appearance.

Hernia repair and tummy tuck can be combined into one procedure.

Umbilical hernias are not uncommon after pregnancy and neither is loose stomach skin. Based on your photos and your description, you appear to be a candidate for a tummy tuck. Luckily, your hernia can be repaired during a tummy tuck procedure so you only have one surgery and downtime to contend with. I would encourage you to seek a board-certified plastic surgeon to perform your procedure, and also consider the timing before moving forward. If you are finished having children, now may be the right time for a tummy tuck. However, if you plan to have more children in the future, I would encourage you to wait. Having subsequent pregnancies after a tummy tuck can “undo” your results and leave you with wanting a revision surgery. Best of luck to you. 

Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Fix my stomach after large baby

Looking at your pictures I believe you would be a good candidate for a full tummy tuck, you will have the excess skin removed as well as tightening of your abdominal muscles.  This is a great time to have your umbilical hernia repaired since your doctor will be working in that area already.

Best of luck to you!

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Full or Mini?

Congratulations, new mother!

You are a great candidate for a #fulltummytuck which will tighten both the skin and your abdominal muscles to give you a nice, flat abdomen.  The #abdominoplasty will also likely remove many of your #stretchmarks.

Book an in-person consultation with a #boardcertified #plasticsurgeon to determine the best procedure for you.

Tummy tuck after pregnancy

Thank you for your question. You appear to be a good candidate for a full tummy tuck, also know as abdominoplasty. It is a procedure to remove excess skin and fat from the lower abdomen and to restore the weakened abdominal wall, giving a firmer and smoother appearance. You can also treat the hernia during this surgery. Tummy tuck is a very powerful technique in the right hands, and can have dramatic results if done correctly. You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety. Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

What would you recommend to fix my stomach after having a large baby?

Thank you for your question. Based on the picture full Tummy tuck, which addresses your loose skin and muscle laxity will give optimal results. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation

Tummy Tuck Can Really Help Women Get Their Pre-Pregnancy Belly Contour Back! #tummytuck

• You would definitely benefit from a full tummy tuck which rid you of excess skin. 
  • Also, the full tummy tuck will allow your plastic surgeon to tighten up your abdominal muscles which often get stretched out during pregnancy. 
  • Your umbilical hernia can be repaired at the same time as your tummy tuck. 
  • Definitely meet with a board certified plastic surgeon (ASPS Member) to to find out more!
  • Thanks for sharing!

Abdominoplasty should be great

Thanks for your question and the photos. Provided you are finished having children, an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) is best for you. A mini will not allow enough skin to be removed. You appear to have a long distance b/w your C-section scar and the umbilicus and this can necessitate having a small extra scar vertically at the base of the incision. A full TT will allow for complete correction of the muscle separation and really help tighten your abdomen. Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area who is an ASAPS member. The Smart Beauty Guide is a very good resource. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Tummy Tuck Time?

Thanks for your question and pictures.  Congratulations on the new baby.  You look like an excellent candidate for full tummy tuck with muscular repair.  My only advice is to think about maybe waiting to have tummy tuck surgery until you are sure you are done having children.   If you are done, go ahead and make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wishing you all the best,
Steven Camp MD
#HappyCamperMD 

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Big Baby has Changed Tummy

You are wanting a tummy tuck! Personally I think that there are very few women who get a lot out of a mini...so yes a full tummy with muscle repair.  The umbilical cutout may not get all the way off, so you might have a small "extra" scar down low, but I think that is likely the right procedure for you.  We have been using Exparel with great success in cutting down pain after tummy tuck.

Good Luck!

Michael E. Decherd, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon