I don't know if it would be better to get a Mini Tummy tuck or a full tummy tuck? (photos)

I've been thinking about one for the last 2 years. I'm weigh about 175-180 I'm 5'6

Better for me, mini or full tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question and photos.  Of course, an exam would be needed to make a final determination.  It looks like you would be a good candidate for a traditional tummy tuck.  At that time, the rectus muscles can be sewn back together, (plicated).  Mini tummy tucks are usually reserved for those with extra skin between the umbilicus and pubis.  The loose skin is trimmed off.  These patients are usually quite thin.  Best to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Together you will come up with a plan.

Ideal for you; Full Tummy Tuck.

Hello Dear!Thank you for you question. As I appreciate in your photos you are an excellent candidate for a Full Tummy Tuck, because you have sufficient slack and if you choice a Mini Tummy Tuck would do nothing to you. So, as I know by experience, a Full Tummy Tuck with Liposuction will give you the results I imagine you need.But you better consult in person a Plastic Surgeon doctor to be sure about it.

Carlos Saint-Hilaire Lockward, MD

Tummy contouring

Although a physical exam is required to give you any formal recommendations, based on your photo alone, you will likely get the best rest from a full tummy tuck +/- lipo of your waist.   Please visit with a board certified PS to learn more about your options. Best wishes, Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Mini or full tummy tuck

A mini tummy tuck would do nothing for your particular case based on these photos.  Consult in person with a board-certified plastic surgeon, but mini tummy tucks are usually a big disappointment except on a very small number of specific patients. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Forget mini tummy tuck

Your only choice is full tummy tuck. Waiting does not fix anything. It just delays the pleasure of achieving a beautiful body. Why waste time procrastinating. Just do it. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

I don't know if it would be better to get a Mini Tummy tuck or a full tummy tuck

I t appears you have loose skin above the belly button. I cannot say how much, if at all, the muscles have split on your front part of your abdomen without a physical examination. I do think that a full tummy tuck will give you a better, more balanced results as a mini tummy tuck will leave a good amount of fullness and loose skin above the belly button and will not look balanced with the lower part.

Julio Garcia, MD

I don't know if it would be better to get a Mini Tummy tuck or a full tummy tuck?

In 30 years and hundreds of tummy tucks, I can count the number of mini tucks that I have done on my two hands.  There are very few individuals who are suitable for this operation.  In most cases it is an incomplete operation and a few of the ones that I have done, later came back and asked for conversion to a full tummy tuck.  In your case, based on the photos you have submitted, you definitely need a full tummy tuck, if not an extended one, and you will not be happy with a mini tuck.  Especially since you have a nice waste line a full tummy tuck will give you a very nice result.  Best of luck.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

Full better than mini tummy tuck with stretch marks in upper abdomen

A mini tummy tuck generally benefits only the lower abdomen for lax skin. Although there are variations that benefit the upper abdomen with liposuction and/or muscle repair, when there are stretch marks extending above the belly button area then a full would be best.

Richard Baxter, MD

This or that? Mini vs. Full Tummy Tuck?

Hi tgb_90To my eye, if you are considering a tummy tuck, you should only consider a "full" tummy tuck.  I say this because the laxity of your skin and strength (muscle) layers extend above your navel.  By definition, the "mini" tummy tuck does not address these issues when they occur above the navel.
I think that you have the potential for an excellent result.  Be sure to use a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD, FACS

Mini Tummy tuck or a full tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos and the extent of loose skin and stretch marks, you appear to be a great candidate for a full tummy tuck.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS