Should I have my tummy tuck redone?

Hi, I had a TT & hernia repair done in 2008. I was 100% pleased with the results for a long time. But over the years I've gained 30-40 lbs . (im about 5 ft 4 & now almost 46yrs old.) Im fine with the weight gain in my thighs & butt..but my stomach looks like im 5 months pregnant!! Is this normal & what should I do?! Thank You!!

Should I have my tummy tuck redone?

Most likely what has occurred is that the hernia repair to the tissue between the rectus muscles has stretched out due to the weight gain internally. Depending upon the amount of fat that is under the skin, Liposuction may be of help to give you a flatter stomach. Consulting with a qualified fitness trainer and perhaps changing your diet might help as well.

Good luck to you.

Naples Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck revision

I appreciate your question.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Int

Fat that is contained within the abdomen is called intrabdominal fat and is not removed with a tummy tuck or liposuction.  With the weight gain, the intrabdominal fat has increased, the only way to reduce this fat is weight loss.  Weight Watchers is an excellent choice for people that are serious about losing weight, I would give them a call.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

There is no extra skin to remove -- no tummy tuck is needed...

Hello! thanks for the photo it really helps illustrate that your extra weight is inside your abdomen,and perhaps a thin layer of fat under your skin-- but no extra skin-- so a tummy tuck is not indicated. Maybe a little lipo, but what you really should do is work on proper diet and exercise to take off the extra pounds-- yikes!
Good luck.

Anne Taylor, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Gain is inside your Abdominal Cavity

Hi Momkrm, Thank you for your question and excellent pictures. I'm glad to see that you were so pleased with your surgery. Unfortunately the weight gain has resulted in a significant increase of volume INSIDE you belly. This has now stretched your previous TT and now your belly sticks out again. The good news is that improving your fitness will probably flatten your abdomen. After you get rid of the extra pounds you may not need further surgery at all. So back to the gym. Sorry, but I hope this has helped you Max Gouverne MD

Max Gouverne, MD
Corpus Christi Plastic Surgeon