Slippery noise from breast implants 7 years post op when muscles contract?

Hi everyone! I have 400cc saline implants filled to 380cc under the muscle. I've had them for 7 years , no problems, no changes in size, nothing...I'm not very active, however I notice that sometimes if my muscle jerks quickly or if I'm flexing my pectoral muscles hard (lifting something heavy)... Sometimes I feel or hear like a squeaky/slippery sensation or noise...It doesn't happen very often, once in a blue moon, and it has happened throughout the duration of my implants. Should I be worried?

"Sounds" from breast implants can happen

Hello. IT is possible to hear a squeaky noise every once in a while, when leaning over or doing other movements. This is more common right after surgery, but I have had other patients report this even after many years. If you want to be checked just to be sure, I would be happy to do this.Good luck.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant noise

Thank you for your question.I would recommend that you consult with your surgeon or another board certified plastic surgeon for a physical examination and possible ultrasound of the breasts as you may have a rupture/leak in the implant. If this is the case, it would require you to have a revision with the implants removed and new ones put in. 

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon