Can I shave while I'm on laser hair treatment?

Shaving is the best option, when between laser hair removal sessions.

Shaving is totally okay, as a grooming method when you are undergoing laser hair removal. Waxing/ tweezing hair removes the laser target, and reduces the efficacy of your laser treatment.Good luck!

India Dermatologist

Thank you for your question. Yes, It is very important to shave before treatments. Waxing, Sugaring and tweezing will interfere with your results. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for your best treatment plan.

Shaving between treatments

Absolutely! However, we do ask that our patients refrain from waxing or tweezing, as it may effect the treatments and reaching your optimum results.

Shaving and laser hair removal

Yes, you can shave, and in fact, you should go into your laser hair removal treatments with a clean shaven area because it allows the light/laser to target better and not just burn the surface hair.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."